Multi Pen/Device testing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by violajack, Mar 12, 2017.

1. violajack

violajack Scribbler - Standard Member

By request, here are handwriting samples on a few of the tablets I have currently. The sample is a OneNote page started on a Surface Book set to the second smallest rule lines (which seemed to most closely approximate real life sized college ruled paper) then synced through OneNote to various other devices. The rule lines didn't stay a standard size in real life, but pretty close. At then end, I exported as PDF from what synced back to the Surface Book.

Tablets include SurfaceBook (ntrig), Samsung Chromebook Plus (Wacom EMR), Samsung Galaxy note 8.0 (Wacom EMR), HP Pro Slate 12 (Qualcomm), and the poor Chuwi Hi12 (Goodix? whatever it is it's junk).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  2. violajack

I found one of my older ones! This one includes the best buy yoga 14 (Wacom AES), dell venue 11 pro (synaptics), HP 2760p (Wacom EMR), Sony Vaio Flip 13 (ntrig), more from the HP Pro Slate 12 (Qualcomm), and more attempts at making the Chuwi pen not suck. It still sucked.

Attached Files:

3. siddhartth

siddhartth Scribbler - Standard Member

It is clear chromebookplus gave the best results.

And Surface pen was nearly the worst.

But how about the IAF?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
    violajack likes this.
  4. violajack

Aaaaaaand a really old one! HP 2730p (Wacom EMR), Archos 9 (resistive, oh yeah!), bmodo (exo pc clone, capacitive only), Fujitsu Q550 (older gen ntrig), and a relatively decent sample from the Chuwi. You could tell I really wanted to like that Chuwi. It's so darn useful otherwise, but I just couldn't get the pen to not suck.

Attached Files:

5. violajack

The Surface Book isn't bad if I slow down and think about it, but for me, nothing beats EMR. Check out the older HP 2730p sample. That thing was a gem.

DRTigerlilly likes this.
  6. violajack

I'm not a good judge of IAF because it's never been an issue for me. I put the pen on the screen and write and it always comes out. I've never had a problem getting the ink going, except for chuwi. That think sucks.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

7. okieiam

okieiam Scribbler - Standard Member

8. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 Editor-in-Chief of TechAndTiny Senior Member

For me, I would say the Galaxy Note 8 is the best, followed by the Chromebook Plus. Neglecting the space constraints from writing on the smaller 8" display, the pressure tapering on Note 8 looks more right to me. The ends of lines on the Chromebook Plus end more abruptly whereas on the Galaxy Note 8 they disappear more finely and smoothly into nothingness. This excellent display of pen performance on the Galaxy Note 8 gets me quite excited for the Galaxy Book 10!

violajack likes this.
  9. okieiam

okieiam Scribbler - Standard Member

Anyone see used Huawei Matebook with pen. I bet it chipper than my Mix Plus

10. Cuberdon75

Cuberdon75 Pen Pal - Newbie

That last Chuwi sample wasn't too bad, actually.

They're coming out with a new stylus for the Chuwi hi 13 (don't know the protocol, but it has more pressure sensitivity).