MS Vista coupons for Asus?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by mattj, Jan 7, 2007.

1. alphaswift

alphaswift Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hi all,

An earlier thread spoke about coupons for a free copy of Vista when purchasing a system around the end of October. Is there an official word and date for that program yet? Is Asus participating?

Thanks.

2. PROPortable

PROPortable Scribbler - Standard Member

3. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Thanks for the info Justin.

...Barry

4. PROPortable

Not a problem Barry. By the way, I don't think I properly introduced myself to you - I know Brian may have - but if you ever need anything, I think you know how to get in touch with me.

5. jdwilson

jdwilson Scribbler - Standard Member

Any update? I don't see new info on Asus website, or on the notebookreview thread.

6. PROPortable

Nothing yet.

7. PROPortable

Well, here it is.... Buy a notebook, tablet (including umpc) between today, October 26th, 2006 and March 15th, 2007 and recieve a free upgrade to Microsoft Vista. The breakdown can be seen in the .pdf below, but basically, I'm going to break it down by model.

All systems with XP Home will NOT be eligible for a FREE upgrade, but rather will have some sort of upcharge to get Vista Home Basic or Home Premium. This includes the models below:
    All A series models (except the A8js, A7c), All F series models (except F3jc-AP052P, F3jm), W5f, W5fm.

All systems with XP Professional or Tablet Edition will recieve a FREE upgrade to Vista Business. There will be a nominal shipping and handling charge though. This includes the models below:
    All W series models (except W5f, W5fm, W2jm), S6f, V6j, R1f (tablet), R2h (umpc), F3jc-AP052P, F3jm, A8js, A7c

All systems with XP Media Center Edition will receive a FREE upgrade to Vista Home Premium. This includes the models below:
    The W2jb

It looks like the site that you'll actually be making the orders on won't be up until December, but it appears that the above is what you'll be eligable for, and yet it looks as though you'll be able to swap to a different version if you want, there may just be some sort of upcharge to do so. Since all of the Merom models are currently shipping with XP Pro and not XP Pro x64 - I think if you want to get the 64bit version of Vista Business, there may be a charge...... However, if Asus had installed XP Pro x64 on the Meroms, it would have been a totally free upgrade..... although the notebook would have probably cost a bit more from the factory as well.

http://www.proportable.com/promo/rebates/ASUS NB VISTA Upgrade Program.pdf

Hope this is what you've all been waiting for... I honestly just got it 20 minutes ago and up until this morning Asus still claimed not to know anything and insisted on answering everything with "Vista will be out in January".... Contact me if you need any sort of help... customer of ours or not.

8. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Thanks for the information Justin....
    Good news to hear:)

Edit: Looks like the link you gave is down.
    Try here.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  9. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

The document exists, but it's just the part of the link. To view the document: click here

You can also check the other thread as well with me replying the same message as well. Most likely he will edit it in due time. :)

10. PROPortable

Thanks... I just copied over another thread I did on the notebook side... for some reason that link changed when I pasted it here and on the UMPC side.. thanks though.