MS store $150 off on notebooks including EP121:) for a limited time

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by seti007, Feb 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bugaboobaloo

Bugaboobaloo Pen Pal - Newbie

I got the same email this morning... BackOrder Notification... BUT they charged my card!?!?! They're not supposed to charge the card until the order ships??? So... does that mean it's shipping??? I'm confused? I payed for the overnight shipping... so I guess we'll see tomorrow... Aaarrgghh!!!

Oh... and on a happier note, I am very pleased (relieved) to say that they charged the $949 price!! Yay!!!

2. Mrono

Mrono Scribbler - Standard Member

Mine tried to charge last night for 949 price but amazon had already charged it earlier that day so it was denied.

3. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I got the backorder e-mail as well. My card wasn't charged yet (regular Credit, not Debit Card) but it was probablly authorized. But my price on the backorder e-mail still listed it as $949. Odd though, I thought these weren't going to ship untill March 7th. Normally backorder e-mails go out on the expected date.

4. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

5. Bugaboobaloo

I'd have thought that... initially...

Because that's exactly what happened when I initially placed my pre-order. (I was waiting on my tax refund to come in), and thought I could place the pre-order before the money actually showed up. When I initially placed the pre-order on Jan 29, it was declined (because the funds hadn't gotten there yet), so I had to wait till Feb 11th to place my pre-order. And the whole process started anew. Also, the pre-authorization showed up as a $1.00 charge... this time it showed up as the full amount. And my bank just called to confirm that the amount was authorized by me.

Also, one final bit of weirdness... If I go to the order page on MS Store... my order status shows as Order Complete?

Could it be? Could my wait finally be over??

MICROSOFT... you better not dangle the carrot and yank it away... again...

You've been warned!!! bwahahahahhahaha <-*evil laugh*

6. seti007

seti007 Pen Pal - Newbie

I guess mine tried to charge as well but amex flagged as fraudulent activity. I got an email from MS saying that my order was on hold and i need to call and update my billing info. When I called, the first lady told me that the item was in stock and shipped and i will get a tracking number soon. I tried to check online but i could not see the order in my order history. I called again and was told that it had not shipped and that the order had actually been cancelled. I then talked to the manager and was able to place the exact same order again with the discount and free overnight shipping. However, it bumped me to the back of th line in terms of the shipping date. Now Im told that It would not ship until April 4th :( Thats pretty damn frustrating. I got bumped by a month.
    What shipping dates are you guys seeing?

edit: Ont thing that the manager told me was that they are getting a batch of 200 units initially. dont know if he was blowing smoke but thats what he said.

7. Bugaboobaloo

Seti, that's a load of *insert expletive here*!

Why on earth did they cancel the order in the first place?? That's not right...not right at all!!! I'd have them check the original order #, and see if they can figure out why it got canceled in the first place. I would think there had to be notes about why in the system?

My shipping date has all but disappeared... I don't know! Up until this morning, I could see an 'estimated delivery date' for the week of Mar 7th. Now... it doesn't give me any idea... (other than the pre-order site saying 4/4/11)

8. Mrono

Mrono Scribbler - Standard Member

That's what microsoft does, if they try to charge and get declined for any reason at all, they cancel the order outright and you can't get it back. Thanks to this I lost my order that I would have gotten feb 4th. That's why I did a double order with microsoft and amazon.

9. seti007

seti007 Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah I know its a load of crap. Thats why i hate dealing with MS. The only reason why i did not cancel the order out right was the discount. They cant even trace my original order. You are right it should not have been cancelled. they cold have just tried to re authorize it and keep the original date and hence my place in line. O' well at least the mamager gave me free overnight. Man Ive never gone through this much trouble to spend a grand:rolleyes:

10. triggrhaapi

triggrhaapi Scribbler - Standard Member

So I got the email as well. My card was outright charged. I called to get the status, they said "maybe we'll call you to let you know if we will have them around April 4th" and they denied charging my card. I canceled the order outright and I'm calling my bank to dispute the charge.

Whatever upgrades they did last night ****ed everything up. I am so unhappy with this. I swear I can't get a good tablet at all. Every time I try some kind of bull**** happens.