MS store $150 off on notebooks including EP121:) for a limited time

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by seti007, Feb 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rsmacmini

rsmacmini Pen Pal - Newbie

I have been checking these forums out for a while now and I just registered cause now I have something to contribute.

I just called MS store about my existing order with the $1099 price, in regards to the presidents day sale of $150 off the EP121. I had to jump through some hurdles and assert myself firmly but I was able to get them to change it to $949. On MS store website, go down to the bottom of the screen to terms of sale, then in the left column click payment + pricing, scroll down to Pre order price guarantee. It states the following

Pre-Order Price Guarantee

The advertised price for pre-order items may increase or decrease prior to the date the product is released to the public. However, you'll only be charged the lowest price offered between the time you place your pre-order and the date the product is released to the public. Also, we won't charge your credit card until you download the product or we ship it to you. The Pre-Order Price Guarantee only applies to pre-order items and prices offered on the Microsoft Store. It does not apply to items and prices advertised by other sellers, prices inclusive of taxes, shipping charges, or typographical errors. For pre-order offers based on an estimated price rather than the official price, the Pre-Order Price Guarantee only applies to and will be based on the official price for the item when announced.

They tried to cite another policy that conflicts with this one. Go to the MS store home page click on Help, go to Orders + Shipping and click on Pre-Orders. It states the following

Pre-Orders
    You can pre-order some items that are not yet available for immediate delivery. Pre-Orders can be reviewed, updated, or cancelled at any time before pre-order items are released. Please Contact Us to review or cancel a pre-order, or to update the following:
    The credit card associated with the pre-order (including changes to the credit card type, credit card number, billing address, and expiration date)
    The item quantities
    The shipping method for physical products
    Prices for pre-order items are covered by the Pre-order Price Guarantee, which describes what happens if prices change after you purchase a pre-order item. We will occasionally make a pre-order option available for a high demand item before the official price is known. We may provide an "estimated price" in this situation, but we do not guarantee that the estimated price will match the official price when announced. In such instances, you will be charged the official price rather than the estimated price for the item.
    A credit card is required for pre-order, but your card will not be charged until your order is shipped or the product is made available for download. Note that we can't charge your card and complete your order if your card expires between the date you pre-ordered the item and the date the item becomes available. Please ensure that your billing and contact information is current at all times.
    If you wish to return an item that was pre-ordered, the 30-day return period begins:
    When downloadable products are delivered electronically to your account
    When physical products are shipped

Sorry for the long post but I wanted people to see this so they weren't abused by these guys and get the price reduction that they deserve.Hopefully this will help you guys, just remember to be firm and recite the Pre Order Price Guarantee.

2. seti007

seti007 Pen Pal - Newbie

I sorta knew that would eventually happen. I bet they got tons of price match calls and decided it was too much trouble and took it off the sale. Great for those that got in on it at the $150 off. Hopefully this will happen again when MS does their 40% off sale.

3. Bugaboobaloo

Bugaboobaloo Pen Pal - Newbie

I just checked this morning - and my order has not been cancelled, however, it still shows the 1099 price. Has anyone that's called and got them to knock off the $150 seen that reflected in your order confirmation online?

Just wondering?

4. triggrhaapi

triggrhaapi Scribbler - Standard Member

I pre-ordered one. Too bad the deal already expired...

5. seti007

seti007 Pen Pal - Newbie

My order is still very much alive. I doubt they will cancel it for $150. We'll see.

6. Mhotep

Mhotep Scribbler - Standard Member

Anyone notice shipping date is now March 21?

7. murfmiser

murfmiser Pen Pal - Newbie

I think that's just due to the fact that they have sold all the inventory they are going to receive on the 7th. All orders placed before that will still ship on the 7th, but any new orders will be purchased from their next shipment (the 21st)

8. Mhotep

Mhotep Scribbler - Standard Member

I hope so.

9. murfmiser

murfmiser Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah, I'm pretty sure, for instance, my order placed with them just before presidents day still shows that it's going to arrive the 7th (on my account page and email) Hopefully you got yours in before it changed though... ;)

10. seti007

seti007 Pen Pal - Newbie

You are right about that. My order placed on 2/18 still has the Mar 7th ship date:)