Moving away from Surface, looking for EMR

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by RazorblisS, Sep 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RazorblisS

RazorblisS Pen Pal - Newbie

I'll be able to test it, and not purchase it if it has any issues, so that's not a concern, if it fails in the future I'll know what to do, thanks! :D
    It's the penabled one yes, price seems too good to be without issues though. Wont be my first purchase where the seller tries to scam me, with a killer deal, for something that's fixable in few minutes poking inside the hardware (one kindle I purchased, after failing for several days was able to fix with a piece of paper jammed inside. still works to this day)

2. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

It's a honest price for that device.
    Mine died the usb port and I've been too lazy to order the replacement part, which doesn't come exactly cheap by the way, otherwise it would still be functional.
    It makes for a decent sketching device provided you use another full size pen and you're keeping your file and your brushes pretty small.

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  3. Shiratori

Shiratori Pen Pal - Newbie

It runs Leonardo quite nicely.

Azzart likes this.
  4. RazorblisS

@Azzart @Shiratori
    What stylus would you guys recommend me for the VivoTab Note 8?
    The bamboo feel I have seems to have broke since I used it two years ago.

5. Shiratori

Shiratori Pen Pal - Newbie

Can't help there. I always used a Bamboo Feel or the S-Pen with eraser, neither of which you can easily get now.

6. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

I only used one of my Portege M400 pens.
    Don't know if something modern like the S- pen from Galaxy Book or the Staedtler Noris will work properly in terms of pressure and offset on that.

7. Shizaru

Shizaru Scribbler - Standard Member

The New S-Pen and Staedtler work with my old 2012 Samsung X700T1C so I think they should work with the VivoTab Note 8.

8. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Samsung support is sh@t because they don't have global warranty, so I wouldn't risk importing a Samsung device above $500. I miss having Asus on that front.

Sent from mTalk

9. davidhussay196520

davidhussay196520 Pen Pal - Newbie

Let's say though that if even the iPad Pro didn't do with its pixel perfect pen, I doubt the Galaxy Book can feel any better than that. Especially with Photoshop.

10. RazorblisS

What do you mean? I dislike Apple's software, it's pen was okay. Heck I can't put subtitles for my movies without stupid workarounds, or add a proper torenting software. It's not the accuracy that bothers me on the Surface line, you can't do slow inking, you get slight jitter at all times, and it looks ugly. Even the Vivotab 8 has better line quality. I'm not sure you even read my post...
    One more minus for the Ipad Pro, the moment I imported my working document of a drawing I was doing at the time, it shat the bed claiming it's outside the device's parameters (and it was the second gen Ipad Pro..)

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.