Mouse pointer stuck on upper left corner?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by CF77, Mar 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aboveliquidice

aboveliquidice Pen Pal - Newbie

This has also beeen the Case for me- I set my brightness right away, and have had (0) issues - so far, I Love this tablet

2. plakis

plakis Pen Pal - Newbie

i'm using mandriva 2008 for about a week and dont have this problem, but also didnt know if pen is supperted by mandriva ( i lost it somewhere, so can't do any test)

3. Dayanim

Dayanim Pen Pal - Newbie

When people set the brightness down abit is that in the power saving options (setting brightness under different modes) or is that set somewhere else?

changing the brightness doesnt seem to really have changed this issue for me.

Been trying to contact Asus about this issue, its kinda ridiculous that this issue hasnt been resolved. Its a major flaw in the R1E. Apart from this i LOVE this tablet but its really frustrating that i basically need to have it plugged into the power to trust it.

Have Asus said anything about this issue?

4. riverstrom

riverstrom Pen Pal - Newbie

I have seen that the problem disappears lowering the brightness through Fn+F5, and afterwards I changed the profile to use one step lower brighness, not the brighter one. This is not an issue anymore for me.
    And yes, it's a shame that Asus hasn't said a word about any of this (nor the battery issues with R1F and other models as far as I know). At least Lenovo made a public statement about the screen hinge popping out problem of its X61 model, but the solution they found was more like "...well, let's use a thicker double side tape...". I don't know if it's better to have this kind of customer support or no customer support at all.

5. Dayanim

Dayanim Pen Pal - Newbie

hmm ok ive tried changing brightness in graphics settings, power settings and the Fn-F5 feature (even setting it way down) and it hasnt made a difference. Course if i plug in the AC power its fine. I spoke to customer support and then the tech guys, they said its a problem in the screen. One guy thought he knew what it was but im worried that if i send it away for 2 weeks then get it back and i have the same prob. about to start studying so i dont want to be messing around with it but doesnt look like i have a choice.

I think worst comes to worst if Tech support are no good ill go to the fair trading commission. Ridiculous to spend 3k on a machine that doesnt work unless its plugged in. I dunno maybe i got unlucky and picked up one of the worse ones? One things for sure, before i send my machine in im going to check they actually know what they are doing to fix it not just reinstalling it or something!

Youd think someone would elevate this by now its ridiculous they can get away with no customer support for a problem like this. I love this machine when it has the AC power in but this is horrible :(

6. Dayanim

Dayanim Pen Pal - Newbie

Hmm an IT friend came by and we had a play around. Couple of things we looked at worth mentioning.

I turned of Windows Aero in Vista, probably not a good thing to run on a lappy without a graphics card anyway (even though i have the 2.4ghz with 4gig RAM (well 3gig ram being used at least)) and it did seem to reduce the frequency of the pointy problem, at least one one test. Ill have to check it out tomorrow see if I see the same change.

Also wondering if anyone knows how to directly play around with the fan speed in the machine. My friends suggestion was that since im seeing this problem only when its NOT plugged into the AC, it is possible that the fan slows down as soon as AC is plugged in (ie not being on battery power). If it is a heat issue this could be a more permanent quick fix for it?

Are people sure 100% its not a driver problem? I mean from reading this thread and the ones in the Asus forum I cant see anything that completely cuts out that possibility?

7. dipp02

dipp02 Pen Pal - Newbie

to confirm.

this is happening to me as well

only in battery mode.

Any fix on this? this is kinda ridiculous

8. Dayanim

Dayanim Pen Pal - Newbie

not that I know of. I sent a tech support message to Asus but havnt recieved a reply yet ( good week or two ago and they say 48hrs, although it is chinese new year or was?)

I took it to Ivan at P1 since they/he has been awesome with customer service. anothe customer had had the problem so he was in contact with Asus people. Still waiting to hear back from them on a possible quickfix. apparently might still need to put it in for service,something about a battery shielding issue?

Im not sure but will pass on the fix when i find out! omg so frustrating. Ive just started studying again and im stuck in the onechair in the whole lecture theatre which can reach a power point (if im luckyt enough tog et it, otherwise im copying out notes later :(

9. w1nter

w1nter Pen Pal - Newbie

An instant fix to the problem is to change from laptop to tablet mode, it works everytime for me

10. Dayanim

Dayanim Pen Pal - Newbie

not for me :( changing brightness, tablet/laptop mode. none of em realyl do anything for me and problem comes again pretty quickly :(
    im really hanging on that fix!