Mouse pointer stuck on upper left corner?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by CF77, Mar 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hamud

hamud Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes please if any one here found any solution tell us to help us to finish this problem

Note: the first time I use my tablet befor I insltall any thing this problem was never happend

2. Binzelli

Binzelli Pen Pal - Newbie

I did some further research on when the problem occurs and found out:

- It only happens on battery power NOT on AC (until now)
    When unplugging the AC cord and (sometimes) setting the screen brightness a bit higher, it IMMEDIATELY jumps to the top left/sometimes right corner and starts clicking

It only happens with relatively high screen brightness
    I need to set the brightness at least 3-4 steps down before the clicking stops

I have tried with both batteries in place, with only battery #1 (standard) and with only battery #2 (DVD bay), but in all cases the effect is seen.

So...

It doesn't look like a software/drivers isssue
    It looks like a hardware thing to do with the screen or Elecromagnetic interferrence. VERY VERY annoying...

A request for the peole who have experienced this problem in May (this thread). Can you please let me/us know how/if te problem has been solved ?

Thanks

3. hamud

hamud Pen Pal - Newbie

hi,

but it It happens on AC power with too not only DC

and please mr.Binzelli if u can call asus serveice and ask them about this problem may be they have a solution coz in my country there is no such this serviece !

and I'm sure we will find a solution some where coz a lot of peoble here faced this problem and the problem solved with them but how ??? I don't know
    !! if u look at asus Forum u will see a lot of peoble have the same problem but some of them has get it fixed

4. Binzelli

Just called Asus Netherlands.

Suggested to re-calibrate the screen (did that 20 times already), if that didn't work: perform an OS recovery (not going to do that again, besides problem seems to be hardware related, since I can make this behaviour happen INSTANTLY in most cases when pulling out AC power and 'resolving' the problem by lowering screen brightness)

Next suggestion: bring in for RMA....

I told him there were a lot of people experiencing this problem (there is also a large thread at the Asus support forums) and asked him if they knew of a solution, because I assumed they must have encountered this problem before. But... he didnt know

So... I'll be waiting a couple of days to see if anything pops up here, otherwise I'll just have to send it in for repair.....

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. FantasiaWHT

FantasiaWHT Pen Pal - Newbie

Ever since ordering a 3rd party power cord & adapter (my original got caught in a recliner's mechanism, tore it open), I have not had a single problem with the mouse cursor getting stuck.

Previously, mine had always happened A) On AC power, and B) at high levels of brightness.

Expensive test tho, to see if it works for anyone else.

6. Binzelli

Strange issue...

You only had the problem on AC, I only have it on BATTERY power.

Further analysis:
    - No difference with or without external mouse
    - No difference with screen in slate / normal mode
    - No difference with Synaptics touchpad disabeled or sensitivity lowered

Heeeeeeeeelp

7. hamud

hamud Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the problem now just with the AC !! So Strange !!!

I think it will be a software issue !! and if u recover your tablet to orginal state without any updates you will never see this problem !!!

8. Mephiles

Mephiles Pen Pal - Newbie

My cursor jumped to the top left and started right clicking like crazy, closing all my junk down when I used it...

I dont know if this is the same issue, but at the same time it usually displays an icon of a mouse left/right clicking.

Anyway this was wisptis.exe which I think is part of Windows Journal Viewer. After I killed the application it started working perfectly. Can't use anything journal viewer related again though...

9. zygomatic

zygomatic Pen Pal - Newbie

This actually started happening to me last week, it's only done it twice altogether. Only when I'm in tablet mode in OneNote 2007 with my stylus. It will get caught in the bottom right by the system tray. Haven't tried installing any drivers, but if it gets annoying I'll try that.

10. Binzelli

@ Mephiles
    Yes, that is exactly the issue: mouse pointer jumping to a corner (mostly top left) and clicking lik crazy.

With respect to you remark on wisptis.exe: this is an esential process/programme for inking functionality (MS Tablet PC Input Component). I have 2 instances of this programme running in te processes tab of the Task Manager. If I 'kill' the process(es), they automatically reappear. So that does/can not solve the issue.

I did however find some information on similar problems (pointers jumping to top left corner and clicking) with tablets/digitisers, whereby the tablet/digitiser drivers were reported to conflict with wisptis.exe.

Maybe the problem/solution is in that area. I'll keep experimenting...

@zygomatic
    Can you give us some more info on when the problem occurs (battery/AC, screen brightness, running programmes, etc) ? Thanks !