Mouse pointer stuck on upper left corner?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by CF77, Mar 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whttigress

whttigress Pen Pal - Newbie

I also have had this problem. I tried turning off the touchpad and the bluetooth mouse, and the problem still occurred, so it appears that it has to do with the wacom mouse. The mouse cursor also shows the pen tip instead of a mouse. I tried it with the original drivers and the wacom drivers. It has become extremely annoying, but I think I may have found a fix. I was testing in "battery mode" instead of "high performance" and had no problems. I then tested with it in "high performance" and was able to duplicate the problem within 1 minute. I then turned the brightness on the screen down just a little, and have not been able to duplicate the problem.

Try turning your brightness down slightly

Hope this helps.

Rhiannon

2. mm4mm

mm4mm Pen Pal - Newbie

I had the problem despite changing the brightness. Mostly it occurred when putting the laptop to sleep. It's extremely annoying, as the mouse sits over the office 2007 button it closes documents which are open.
    However I have put the touchpad 1 increment less sensitive and I haven't seen it happening again.

3. FantasiaWHT

FantasiaWHT Pen Pal - Newbie

I too am having this problem. The quickest fix for me seems to be to flick the power switch (putting it in sleep) and flick it again (waking it up). Takes about 10 seconds, and would take less if I didn't require a password on wakeup.

It seems to happen when I use the pen to close or minimize windows (always the upper right corner for me)

4. urban

urban Pen Pal - Newbie

Can you try tapping the screen with the back of the pen (eraser) when it happens? I managed to "unstick" the pointer when it happens.

By the way, does the eraser works when you have the power supply plugged and the brightness to the maximum?

5. Binzelli

Binzelli Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the strangest problem with my R1F since a couple of days...

From time to time my mouse pointer - all by itself - moves to the top left corner (sometimes top right corner) of the screen and just starts clicking endlessly.

If I move my mouse or pen across the screen it goes back to where I point, but immediately snaps back to the corner like a magnet and starts clicking again. After a while this stops, but usually takes about a minute or so.

I cannot reproduce the behaviour or trace it to a certain event, it just happens from time to time. Most often already at startup in the welcome screen (I have moved my Recycle Bin icon from the top left position of the screen, because it was constantly clicking it). But sometimes a couple of minutes after startup.

It happens when I use it in pen mode, but also with an external mouse attached. It happens in both screen orientation modes. I have the feeling sometimes more with the screen in tablet mode.

Does ayone have a clue before I call Asus Service ?

6. alphaswift

alphaswift Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I would start by reinstalling the mouse and touchpad drivers.

7. kureshii

kureshii Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Sounds like your touchpad needs cleaning; last time that happened to my T4210 is because I dripped some veggie oil on the touchpad. Disassembled the whole works, wiped the touchpad clean, no more problem. Yeah, definitely get it to Asus Service.

8. ddc

ddc Pen Pal - Newbie

9. hamud

hamud Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the same problem here !! please help me how you solved it ??

10. Binzelli

Binzelli Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone found a solution ?

I unistalled and reinstalled all drivers. Touchpad is clean and it aso happens when the touchpad is disabeled.

Has to do with the screen/pen/drivers in my opinion, since it displays the pen cursor when it happens...

Very annoying, so if anyone from the previous entries (in may) of this thread has found a sloution, please let me know !!!