Mouse pointer stuck on upper left corner?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by CF77, Mar 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dayton11

dayton11 Pen Pal - Newbie

Just wanted to add to this thread. We've had issues with the non-responsive touchscreen & ghost clicking. We've tried everything, to no avail. (Not technical at all, but BF is.) Finally contacted Asus - it took numerous emails to get any response. FINALLY got an RMA. Had to pay 30 bucks to have the device packed appropriately & shipped. (included extensive decription of the problem and all we have done in an attempt to correct.) Got an email from Asus acknowledging receipt of the slate. They notified us that it was on its way back in less than 24 hrs. Wasn't sure if this was a good sign or bad...

ISSUE WAS NOT CORRECTED BY ASUS. The device arrived with absolutely no explanation of what they had done, if anything, to correct the problem. Worked like a charm for about two weeks, and now it's back to the same frustrating problems. The problem is so bad now that the slate is almost unusable. Touch screen is non-responsive 70% of the time. Ghost clicking in the upper right corner so freqently that it's necessary to keep the screen minimized to prevent applications from closing and/or not getting the "close all screens?" message box. Often need to restart completely as the screen sometimes becomes completely unresponsive, even to the stylus.

Now we're back to the same games with Asus. Emailed Customer Service 3 days ago and still no response. Terribly disappointing and unacceptable customer service. Had we not paid so much for this thing, I'd ditch it right now.

Will see how long it takes to get the RMA this time. Have requested repacement and shipping at their expense, but after reading the posts of others with similar experiences, I'm less than optimistic. I had an Asus EEE prior to the slate and loved it, but if you're considering a slate, my advice is to run the other way.

2. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

Couple of tips..
    1. There is a forum for Slate if you issue is related to slate.
    2. try search in EP121 sub-forum..read the announcement in how to use alternate search.
    3. your problem had been reported and there were successful solution..