Mouse pointer stuck on upper left corner?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by CF77, Mar 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dayanim

Dayanim Pen Pal - Newbie

So I got mine back and it was working fine, but they had scratched up the laptop itself and split the screen casing. So sent it back to fix that then the problem came back again.

Got it back and again the problem has returned. Im sick of it, im pushing for a refund now. Id rather get the Fujitsu T4220 which actually has a reputation for reliabiltiy.

Seriously the way Asus skirt this issue and fob it off, Its tort-worthy i think. Big group of pissed off customers who have gotten the run around for a design problem/manufacturing fault the company refuses to deal with.

2. robojocks

robojocks Pen Pal - Newbie

ha ha ha. My ex teacher had the same problem. He had to reset the computer. Made the class less boring.

3. robojocks

robojocks Pen Pal - Newbie

ASUS R1F had the mouse pointer stuck.

4. skreemer7

skreemer7 Pen Pal - Newbie

Having the exact same problem when in battery mode. Turning brightness down seems to temporarily fix it, although not completely. It will still do it for a second or two every few mins. Any fixes for this from asus yet?

Also, this might be completely unrelated, but, sometimes in battery mode my screen will go completely blank-- but the backlight is still on. The color of the screen has been random, sometimes blue, violet, lightish brown this last time. Has happened more and more recently. Havent actually done a controlled test yet, but has always happened on battery power, and usually within the first 30 mins.

5. winz

winz Pen Pal - Newbie

I just read the whole thread, which is almost one year old btw..
    I have the same problem with my R1E!
    problem in battery mode, just like you, skreemer, turning brightness down makes it less "freaky"
    makes it a bit reliable, I might finally trust it to use it in battery mode, but the problem is NOT completely solved
    I called Asus France a few weeks ago, they told me to send it back, which I haven't done yet, which I won't do after reading the thread..

6. Moshe

Moshe Pen Pal - Newbie

Just got my R1E back from ASUS repair. I'm on battery mode right now with full brightness, and so far so good.
    According to the repair report they replaced the screen (they had to anyway, since it was busted), and they did an "ARN-rework" (I don't know what that is), and they updated the BIOS. I don't know if they updated the Wacom stuff, or if they had to.

I will certainly let you all know if the problem returns (I sure hope not -although I keep expecting the pointer to jump!)

7. firsttiger

firsttiger Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm back to having the same problem. I'm going to try to lessen the brightness. The problem doesn't occur right away. It takes about 30 minutes before it occurs. I'll test it with a couple of other situations before bringing it back to Asus.

8. Sawyer[R1e]

Sawyer[R1e] Pen Pal - Newbie

After three ****in' months asus assistance is disappear... i can't talk with em and i don't know nothing about my tablet. The last time that i talk with em they told me that they received soon the new sensor of touch and screen and they just put it on my tablet and it gonna works very well. bull****s they are disappear and also if i call the assistance they ain't tell me nothing. what absurd thing is that ?! anyone had my same issues ? tnx

9. Binzelli

Binzelli Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi Sawyer,

You sound as pi**ed about the lousy service and bull***t stories you are getting from Asus as I was a couple of months ago. They just don't seem to be able to get their service up to a reasonable level, but worse: their tablets still seem to be worthless when it comes to reliability and quality.

As I said often before, I find it a shame because I really loved my R1F and R1E whenever they did work....

I have bought myself a Toshiba M700 with next business day on site warranty in the mean time. It has never let me down yet, but it it only has a 12" sccreen and isn't half as stylish, but hey.... it works !!

I wish you good luck. I wouldn't accet any more delays, that's just unreasonable. Did you buy it online or in a shop ? I would get tehm involved. It helped (a tiny bit) in my case.

10. Sawyer[R1e]

Sawyer[R1e] Pen Pal - Newbie

i bought it in a shop in milan , italy. I called em last week and they told me that will be in my hands in few days .. you see it ? cuz i ain't see it yet. The problem is that the best tablet pc , and for the first time in my life i was very happy to work with a pc of that kind. Tomorrow i call em and i tell em that if they don't fix my tablet and don't send it to me im going to sue em cuz i waste time , i had many problems with my graphic works cuz i needed to work with a tablet pc and they stole me selling a pc that ain't work like it have to do. In every case i'll take the pc , fixed or not , also cuz i don't use it very much without the charger , but the way that they stole their customer is ridicolus.