Mouse pointer stuck on upper left corner?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by CF77, Mar 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dayanim

Dayanim Pen Pal - Newbie

There is no solutino to the problem but like you said, for some people its not a problem (for some people there is no problem, for some they can fix it with a replacement screen.)

If you swap the screen over its possible that you will either not have a problem or be able to control it with brightness. Im crossing my fingers that it will work for me. i get mine back wednesday *Cross fingers*

2. Sawyer[R1e]

Sawyer[R1e] Pen Pal - Newbie

hehe yeah man im with u to cross fingers :D

but if they replace your screen with another bugged screen !?

3. Dayanim

Dayanim Pen Pal - Newbie

then either it gives you the evidence that they cant fix the prob (and hence you can try and get a refund)

or you give it in again, get them to replace the screen again and hope to get one thats not bugged (i think around 50% or less unfortunately) :(

4. Sawyer[R1e]

yeah...i don't wanna a refund cuz i love this pc and i need to it to work.. if it aint works i have to keep it with bug ;_;

5. Sawyer[R1e]

ok my tablet is on the hands of asus tech , i told em to change che monitor and the pen sensor , hoping

6. ldhubbard

ldhubbard Pen Pal - Newbie

This is a big problem with my ASUS as well -- too bad because other than that I think it is a really good tablet.

When my mouse cursor gets stuck, I can usually plug, or unplug, the power cable or a USB device from the laptop body, and it seems to fix the issue and make the PC usable again.

Larry

7. Dayanim

Dayanim Pen Pal - Newbie

hey guys!
    So sent my R1E in for service, they didnt really read the info i gave them (of course) so when i spoke to them on the phone i had to tell them to take the power out so the problem would reoccur. They ended up getting me a new display and digitiser and the problem has gone away :D

I have the monitor at full brightness plugged in or on battery and i dont get the problem anymore! :D :D :D

Of course they scratched it up abit when they fixed it *mutters* so I might end up getting given a new one based on that. Still though! There is a "fix"/replacement. It must be a certain % of the displays/digitisers they make are faulty!

hope it helps some of you who are in the position I was in! :)

8. Sawyer[R1e]

yeah great news!!! i sent a mail to em when i sent the pc and i told em to replace the screen and the pen sensor , i hope that will works !! how many days or weeks they hold ur tablet ?

9. firsttiger

firsttiger Pen Pal - Newbie

I recently came across the same problem on my R1F and started to do some research and came across this thread. For the most part, I found that the suggestion to dim the screen as a good workaround for the problem. I ultimately decided to send it back to Asus for warranty work anyway. It was interesting that as soon as I called to describe the problem, the support person recognized the issue right away and said it was a known problem.

My laptop was fixed within 24 hours and I have it back today. While it's a little early in terms of prognosis, it looks like they fixed it. For the benefit of those who are struggling with support from Asus, the description of the fix they did for me was as following:

repair with new components/parts
    Add transformer plate upon inverter board
    updated wacom firmware flash device
    stylus slot was fixed <-- not related to the problem but it was nice that they fixed it.

Good luck

10. firsttiger

firsttiger Pen Pal - Newbie

Don't know about anyone else but the problem since to be back for me. It'll randomly move to the top left hand side of the screen. The good news is that by pressing the Esc key, it'll give me back the mouse. So we'll see how it goes. I'm not sure if it's related or not, but this is the first time I'm actually draining my batteries and this is the first time I've noticed it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.