Mouse pointer stuck on upper left corner?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by CF77, Mar 4, 2012.

1. leewalk

leewalk Microsoft Guy

The mouse pointer on my R1F running Vista x64 sometimes gets stuck in the upper left corner of the screen, as if it thinks the stylus is being used to point there.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?
    Thanks, Lee

2. alphaswift

alphaswift Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Does this happen only when you are using a mouse or does it also happen when you are using the stylus as a mouse?

3. jinobi

jinobi Pen Pal - Newbie

I've experienced the exact same issue...try installing the newest version of the Synaptics Touchpad driver. Also install the Wacom Tablet drivers if that doesnt work.

4. leewalk

leewalk Microsoft Guy

It happens regardless of mouse or stylus use. I've tried the latest touchpad driver but it did not help...

Any ideas?
    Thanks, Lee

5. alphaswift

Did you install a mouse driver?

6. leewalk

leewalk Microsoft Guy

I have used both the built-in default Vista x64 mouse driver and the latest Synaptec driver - no difference...

I have also used both the built-in default Vista x64 pen driver and the latest Wacom PenTablet driver 503-3 - no difference either...

Lee

7. alphaswift

Does it get stuck with any particular application?

8. demalion

demalion Pen Pal - Newbie

I've had a similar problem in Vista 32 Business with the most recent Synaptic drivers I could find, in all four corners. No solution so far. :(

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  9. ddc

ddc Pen Pal - Newbie

Same problem (on 32-bit Vista Business) beginning just today: the stylus cursor sticks in the top left corner and starts freaking out (repeated left or right clicking).
    Both times when it happened, I was using the bundled bluetooth mouse, WiFi, Firefox 2.0.0.3 and OneNote 2007. The first time nothing I tried worked, so I hit the power switch to shut down. The second time I was able to get it unstuck somehow.
    I just hope this will not be a regular occurrence...

10. demalion

demalion Pen Pal - Newbie

You can try going into your Mouse Properties settings (a quick way is to right click on the desktop, and click on "Personalize", then "Mouse Pointers" in the listed options) and go to the "Device Settings" tab which should be for the Synaptics Touch Pad. Click on the "Disable internal pointing device when external USB pointing device is attached" to put a check in the checkbox.

The tablet screen is a USB device, so this will turn off the touch pad (though that is unfortunate for "clam shell" usage on your lap, though you can use the pen) but it will remove the interference the touchpad seems to be causing in the corners (top left corner for you) if that is indeed the problem.