Mouse pointer stuck on upper left corner....how many Asus R1E has this problem? and how many don't have it??

Discussion in 'Asus' started by KingBorn88, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingBorn88

KingBorn88 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi tomorrow i would order my Asus R1E, but the mouse pointer problem is scaring me... I've just read everything about it...the thing that scares me the most is that there are NO SOLUTIONS yet.......:eek:

For the Asus R1e owners on this forum...Do you have this problem? if yes....have you solved this problem??

2. hamud

hamud Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't have this problem since i don't use the full brightness (from control panel just but the brightness in balanced mode and hight performance to 99 instead of 100 )

don't worry and if u want to read every thing about what u buy , u won't buy any thing!!

3. KingBorn88

I hope that you are right:rolleyes:

You have the problem only with the battery?

Could you tell me everything about limitations caused by this problem?

Thanks in advance!

4. axsys

axsys Pen Pal - Newbie

ive had my R1E for about 2 weeks now, and i only really have this problem when using the battery. and since most the time im plugged into the wall anyways, it doesnt bother me too much. but it still has the problem like the R1F

5. KingBorn88

Ok thanks for the information... this is for me a VERY BIG PROBLEM... I'm a student... and i need to use the tablet using the battery power..... i can't believe... I was sure of the product that i was ordering but now i'm not... for 1500€ i expect a perfect mouse pointer and not a crazy one.....

I'm very disappointed....is there someone that don't have this VERY BIG problem?

Thanks in Advance

6. chinesefireball121

chinesefireball121 Scribbler - Standard Member

I don't think you will have much of a problem with this. I do get this problem, but only when the brightness is set very high on battery mode. As a student I think you would want to conserve battery life, hence not have the brightness way up whilst on battery mode

7. KingBorn88

Thanks for the answer.... if the problems is present only when the brightness i set very high it becames a very little problem... but i want to be sure.. i'm a student.... 1500€ for me is a lots of money...:rolleyes:

Any other comment is appreciate ;)

Thanks

8. riverstrom

riverstrom Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm waiting for my R1E-B1 too, shipping from LaptopAuthority.com to Canary Islands, Spain, and I would appreciate more details on this issue (I have read all threads):

Everyone that is having this problem can get rid of it just setting brightness level to 99 instead of 100? If that works it sounds to me as a good trade-off. Are you losing too much brightness by lowering that step? How many brightness levels does this tablet provide?

Thanks in advance :) .

9. pyhsu5168

pyhsu5168 Pen Pal - Newbie

As chinesefireball121 said, my condition is the same. Only in battery mode, highest brightness, it happened some time. Someone said use the newest ATK driver can fix this problem. I am lazy to try it because this problem does not bother me. I mainly use save power mode and I can use battery from 9AM to 6 AM normally. Of cause it go to sleep mode if unused for 3 min.
    For me, the big problem is hot problem when I used as tablet mode. And it is a little bit heavy. In all, I am happy owning R1E.

10. hamud

hamud Pen Pal - Newbie