Mouse cursor jumps and disappears

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Wil, Jan 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wil

Wil Pen Pal - Newbie

Greetings!

I have a TX2000 running Vista Home Premium.

I've been reading eBooks on my laptop and during periods of inactivity when i'm reading I started to notice that the mouse curser would jump right towards the vertical scroll bar and up towards the Up scroll button. I don't have my hands anywhere near the touch pad at this point. After it jumps up, it disappears and I need to touch the pad to move the cursor to make it reappear.

It seems to jump to the same place, or near enough the same place each time. It would happen several times a day. Sometimes within seconds of each other, and other times it wouldn't happen for about 20 or so minutes.

Occassionally, the mouse cursor changes to the pen cursor, even though I'm not using the pen and the pen is nowhere near the screen.

At one point, the mouse cursor disappeared altogether and I moved it around and it didn't reappear like it normally would and I had to continuously press the Ctrl button for the tracking thing to pop up so I could see where my mouse was. After about 20 seconds the pen cursor flickered, appeared and then changed back to the mouse cursor.

I've never experienced these problems before. Has anyone else experienced this before? Does anyone know what might be causing these odd actions?

Thanks for reading! Much appreciated.

Warm regards.

2. yellowsno

yellowsno Wants to be a Mod

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.