Motion Computing Unveils the C5 Mobile Clinical Assistant Tablet PC

Discussion in 'News Headlines' started by Gautam, Feb 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiffany Boggs

Tiffany Boggs Editor/Site Admin Senior Member

Motion Computing announced today its new C5 mobile clinical assistant (MCA) at UCSF Medical Center during a joint conference with Intel. The MCA is a new computing category, created by Intel with support from Motion to enable nurses, physicians and other clinicians to do their jobs on the move.

[​IMG]

The front view of the Motion C5

The Motion C5, is the industry's first mobile clinical assistant PC. It integrates durable design elements with key data capture technologies to simplify workflows, increase productivity and improve overall quality of care. The design is based on input from thousands of clinicians. The C5 is made to bring reliable, automated patient data management directly to the point of care.

[​IMG]

The C5 helps explain issues to patients.

[​IMG]

The C5 scans patients wrist band barcodes.

[​IMG]

The C5 has a digital camera for documenting injuries.

Obviously the C5 is targeted toward the healthcare field, but I could see it working in many other fields as well, due to some of its features and lightweight portable design.

Features of the Motion C5:

Windows Vista Business or Windows XP Tablet PC Edition
      Intel Core Solo Processor U1400 (1.20GHz)
      Integrated Intel PRO/Wireless 3945 ABG network connection
      512MB RAM (option up to 1.5GB)
      30GB hard drive (option 60GB)
      Highly durable design with magnesium-alloy internal frame and elastomer over-molding
      Highly sealed, disinfectable chassis
      Optional integrated 1D/2D barcode scanner
      Integrated 13.56MHz RFID reader
      Integrated 13.56MHz HF passive RFID tag
      Integrated 2.0 Megapixel Camera
      One-year standard warranty (option of two or three years)

The C5 is available now with prices starting at $2,199. I would think that hospitals could get some kind of discount with bulk orders, but I am not positive. There is also many nice accessories that go along with the C5 like the docking station, Motion's Medical Pak Software and the additional battery.

Read More

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. Gautam

Gautam Moderator

Our fellow members who are doctors (quite a few, I believe) will be pleased by this one.

3. Tiffany Boggs

Tiffany Boggs Editor/Site Admin Senior Member

I agree Gautam, this is a nice enhancement for the healthcare field. It is nice to see Tablets helping out in all different areas from healthcare, to fire departments to construction sites. It proves that Tablets are great mobile and versatile machines, which can be used for just about anything.

4. Gautam

Gautam Moderator

Tablets have been used in healthcare for a while, but the new innovation of disinfectable tablets with RFID readers is what seals the deal for hospitals, I think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.