Motion C5V

Discussion in 'Motion Computing' started by devilsrogue, Oct 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adidas4275

Adidas4275 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for posting these pictures. Not a lot of data on these out there.

I got 3 for $150 on eBay and for that price they are amazing machines!

I picked up a 256gb msata with a 1.8" adapter to swap into it and run windows 8.1 on it. Just wish it was touch :)

2. deere245

deere245 Pen Pal - Newbie

Glad I could help...I found a service manual for the C5v but the file must have been corrupt. I tried several times but it was always unreadable......
    Oh well at least I found these photos to share..

I really like my C5v...I run Onenote and Autodesk Sketchbook // Copic edition. It's great for quick drawings or putting notations on photos. It's relatively waterproof so I don't have to worry about the rain.

3. Adidas4275

I am trying to use mine outside during the winter for soccer analysis, should be fun :)

4. Adidas4275

So i got my c5v up and running with a 128gb SSD and windows 8 on it. it works great, other than the relatively small resolution screen and the frustration of not being able to use your finger :)

The only problem I am running into is heat and lower batterylife than i expected.

according to coretemp my CPU is running between 50-60 degrees C idle and up to 70 degrees load. it is the i5 520um CPU is this normal? It seems a little hot to me ;(

5. deere245

I never measured my temps..but they never seem hot enough for my concern.

Does the fan come on?

6. Adidas4275

It does, for a little bit when I launch a program or something CPU intensive.

Just noticed a decent amount of heat lower right and upper left sides.

I know newer ivy bridge and haswell CPUs do a better job of throttling to lower P states just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a bios updates (didn't see one on motion computing a site) or a w8 intel driver.

Thanks for responding

7. deere245

There was a post asking me for better quality pictures. It was deleted for some reason...I don not know why, but I did my best with the photos I have.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. CameronTM

CameronTM Pen Pal - Newbie

So I bought 2, 4GB sticks and was quite easily able to put it into my C5v using the photos and instructions from here and elsewhere. I took the 2GB out and put it into another C5v, so I have one with 8GB, one with 4GB and another with the initial 2GB. There is definitely a noticeable difference between each of them. I am very happy with my 8GB and how easy it was to do. Much easier than the C5. In Windows 7 64-bit it says I have 7.8 GB Usable.

9. CameronTM

CameronTM Pen Pal - Newbie

I paid $167.02 on eBay for the C5v and $69.99 on NewEgg for the 8GB of RAM, so for less than $250 I have a great running tablet. I do wish for better resolution, but you get what you pay for.