Most necessary accessories?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by SkinWeaver, Feb 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maxout

maxout Pen Pal - Newbie

i just bought fuji and here are few thing i think you must have.

1. carrin case/backpak/sleeve
    2. screen protector
    3. wireless mouse
    4. headphone
    5. keyboard cover [like mac probook would be nice]

so far i need this 3 things.. anyone know any good online shop i can buy it for cheap. :D

yes i m student on debt. :eek:

2. nikecar

nikecar Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I agree with 1, not so much #2.

3. angrygoatface

angrygoatface Pen Pal - Newbie

You'll end up crying when your beautiful screen is scratched.

4. quantum

quantum Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'd say bluetooth headphones (the new plantronics tested at NBR are nice, I use an assortment of Jabra, Sony Ericsson and my fave, the PowBOX. Amazon has some decent prices, newegg is better sometimes.

I made my own case, has everything I want and cost about 40 dollars in materials (real leather, clips, velcro, leather sowing needle, synthetic fiber etc).

Screen protector: had an EXIM 17" lying around, cut it to fit the screen of the 4220. Keep in mind other 12.1" protectors from EXIM (such as the Lenovo x61t protector) does not fit the Fujitsu properly apparently.

Keyboard cover: don't spill stuff on it. Seran wrap is the next best thing I can come up with on the cheap... the 4220 review here had a kb protector, may want to check it out.

5. nikecar

nikecar Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I don't plan to do things, or allow anyone who is prone to idiocy, around my machine. I've had work laptops that have gotten abused and I've used for years without a scratch, so unless the plastic nub has some magical properties I've not experienced yet, I don't think I will worry.

6. DArkVisor

DArkVisor Pen Pal - Newbie

Ya well this is a tablet isnt it, you're bound to make contact with the screen someday..

Especially the passive screen types, youre not always going to have clean fingers when poking the start menu, so I think a screen protector is a must for those types.

7. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

I'd also get replacement felt nibs for your pen, and if you are planning on doing a lot of drawing, pick up a better stylus....the original stylus lacks the sensitivity to draw easily imo.

8. lixuelai

lixuelai Pen Pal - Newbie

Get a screen protector first. Probably the most important one. Then a case though many backpacks nowadays have a compartment for notebooks which works well enough. Everything else is secondary. You can find a cheap Logitech V270 on ebay for like $30 provided you have bluetooth. Works pretty well and if it breaks Logitech send you a new one lol.

9. maxout

maxout Pen Pal - Newbie

just bought a fujitsu keyboard protector.. since i am hairy dude and sometime hair and other junk as well falls in to those little keyboard gaps..

plus saves from other stuff incase. of emergency. .

10. SkinWeaver

SkinWeaver Pen Pal - Newbie

May i know how much you paid for the FJ keypad protector?

We are selling keypad skins at SkinWeaver; they come in clear or 4 subtle colors and are very reasonably priced in my opinion. :D

Laptop skins are also available and we have more than 100 designs! There's a promotion going on currently, so you'll get 2 sheets of matching wrist-rest skins absolutely FREE with any laptop skin purchase. While stocks last. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.