More than 2GB in R1F?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by deek, Jan 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leewalk

leewalk Microsoft Guy

FYI - I just replaced by 1GB x1 + 2GB x 1 memory setup with a 2GB x 2 memory setup and the total RAM stayed at 2.4GB, but the "mode" changed from "interleaved" to "dual-channel" and my Vista graphics score improved significantly (from 2.3 to 3.1).

Lee

2. hobbyshop

hobbyshop Pen Pal - Newbie

sorry to bring this back, but i'm guessing that installing 4G (2x2gb) with XP is totally useless then??

total ram stayed at 2.4gb, does that mean that the rest of the 1.6gb are just not being used? kind of a waste...

3. deek

deek Scribbler - Standard Member

For anyone who is curious I have installed 4GB(2 x 2GB) with Vista Business 64bit. Power on til login <1min. Power on til idle after login 1min15sec. The install I used was from a vLite image where I made sure the arch. was 64bit. I was able to use a Vista business key that was originally for 32bit. The only problem I have right now is that my screen will not rotate with either moving the screen or hitting the button.
    [​IMG]

4. Diplom@t

Diplom@t Pen Pal - Newbie

Deek, What exact Model of Notebook do you have?

5. deek

R1F T550. I got mine last January with XP tablet edition 2005. The process is the core 2 duo, not the Centro.

6. alphaswift

alphaswift Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hmmmm.....a local store is selling a 2 GB SO-DIMM for $49. so I picked one up. I'm seeing the 2.4 GB limit on my R1F that others are reporting. ( I have a 1GB + 2 GB running with a T5500).

Both the BIOS and Windows XP is reporting the same value, so I'm thinking this is a BIOS issue.

The system doesn't seem unstable (so far).

Edit:

SOLVED -- BIOS needs to be updated to 311. System now reports 3 GB of memory in BIOS and Windows.

7. deek

Update for me. Windows vista 64 bit reports 46B installed but when Viewing dxdilag or task manager it says physical memory is 3190 MB which I believe is the actual number of 3.5 GB the limit of the motherboard in the R1F

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.