More mods?

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions and Site Help' started by leaftye, Jul 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

Seriously, do you guys need more mods? The spam here has been crazy the last week. I think there's more spam posts than real posts.

2. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

I'm back in action from my month and a half long absense, hopefully with four total moderators (from what I'm catching up on), so hopefully we'll be able to handle the spam load. However, we'll always assess when we need more moderators -- no application needed, we'll contact you if there is a nomination for one becoming a moderator.

Usually other moderators nominate prospective and potential moderators like we've done in the past, as TPCR grows, so will the need for moderators to mainly fight the forum war of spam (the majority of our job) and other tasks like moving threads, helping others out and etc. :)

But holy cow, I see what you mean by a lot of spam. Time to take out the spam eliminator weapon(s). :)

3. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

Glad to hear you're back. I don't really want to be a mod, especially since I'd probably have to bite my tongue, which I'd rather not do. I just want to see the spam go away, whatever that takes.

4. kureshii

kureshii Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The recent spate is abnormal, and we are looking at other options to control them. But in the meantime, a gentle reminder to users: Kindly do not respond to the spam posts. That way, when I go to New Posts and see spam threads the last post on those threads will be the spammer and not one of our users, which makes it one click less for me to go to his user page and ban him... ;)