Mont Blanc stylus for Samsung S-Pen devices

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by WillAdams, Apr 10, 2018.

1. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

:D

nnthemperor likes this.
  2. jonsuraya

jonsuraya Pen Pal - Newbie

ATIVQ likes this.
  3. jbaks

jbaks Scribbler - Standard Member

4. Avenger

Avenger Scribbler - Standard Member

The cruise collection version is relatively affordable. I think it came out '14-'15. Has the s-pen emr styluses changed where these won't work now on a Galaxy Tablet s4? I know they have tweaked the s-pens in the past. I think this one came out along with the Galaxy Note 4 phone.

5. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'm not fully positive....but I suspect it should work fine. The nib pack reassures me the most since they are the same nibs/tips that came with the Bamboo Smart Pen and Zbookx2 Pen....both of which work perfectly fine on current s-pen devices. With the Tab S3/Galaxy Books/Note 8, Samsung made the nibs thinner...like an actual tooth pick.....but the old nibs from the Note 5 era should still work perfectly without an offset or gimped pressure. I would still however fully recommend the Zbookx2 Pen instead....in regards to S-pen flavor of EMR.....that pen is the king in my book.....and with my Book 10.6
    monte blonce.JPG

6. Avenger

Thanks for the vote for the Zbookx2 Pen. I've been looking for a more substantial s-pen. Can I ask where you've seen the montblanc s-pen nib pack? Edit: I just noticed your inlaid picture. From what site did that come from?Thanks! They do look quite a bit fatter though.
    Edit 2: Just found an old Bamboo Feel stylus, and you are right, the tablet s4 s-pen nib is svelte compared to it. It must of changed in the timeframe you stated.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  7. Avenger

Just as an update, I ordered one of the cruise collection versions. It was a good price for a rollerball and a s-pen. I'll let you know in a few days how it turns out. I'm kind of a stylus nut. My favorite so far was a Bamboo Feel Carbon which isn't made anymore.

WillAdams and thatcomicsguy like this.
  8. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

Wacom seems to have the Bamboo Stylus Feel2 in the UK market in white and black....go figure..

Model/Part Numbers CS-3002W & CS-3002

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019 at 8:41 PM
  9. Avenger

Cool. Too bad they don't have the carbon model. It was much heavier than the plastic feel models. That's one thing I'm worried about the montblanc I ordered: the weight. I believe the cruise collection might be a bit on the lighter side. I like the weight of the ball point montblanc I own (which I also got at a good price but it is authentic since montblanc repaired the clip at one point.). That montblanc is from the standard collection, maybe called meisterstuck or something of the sort. If this is much lighter, I may not like it. I should be getting it in a few days so I'll give my review.