MonoPrice announce FULL HD LED 22" Multi-touch Drawing Display

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by alisaad619, Nov 18, 2014.

1. alisaad619

alisaad619 Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi

Monopriced teased a picture of two new interactive pen screens , both of them are 22" and HD , one of them with multi-touch and the other without multi-touch

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the price is 499$ for the interactive pen model , and 599$ for the multi-touch model

monoprice didn't announce the full details yet but it will do that very soon

update 2 :- (the prices changed to 550$ and 760$)
    the full specs and pictures are now available on their website

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=113&cp_id=11314&cs_id=1131401&p_id=12076&seq=1&format=2

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=113&cp_id=11314&cs_id=1131403&p_id=12077&seq=1&format=2

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  2. alisaad619

3. alisaad619

4. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Sure looks like a Huion, but Monoprice tells me that it's another digitizer OEM. The touch panel is exciting, but I wonder how much parallax it will add. The price is also over $100 more than originally estimated.

5. alisaad619

on the specs they say that the accuracy(patalax) is the same for touch and non-touch model (it's 0.5mm (Center), 2mm (Edge) )

and the price jumped 50$ for the non touch model , and 160$ for the touch version
    and that's disappointing to me since I was excited for the touch model when I read the teased price , but even at 760$ I think it's still very great price

I hope we see reviews about them very soon

6. surfaceproartist

I've been bugging Monoprice for a review unit since I found out about the product.

7. alisaad619

do you think that they are afraid of any non-cheerleading coverage that they might get ?
    I think they should reach out to popular tech & art websites like your website

8. arklight

arklight Pen Pal - Newbie

I was on top of this when I read your blog, SurfaceproArtist. I am also in contact with a sales rep. He told me that products will be available 5pm today (PST) or tomorrow at 10AM (PST). I already have it in my cart and just ready to get it.

I also have a concern about the screen. It's not mentioned in the spec sheet but we don't really know if it's an IPS panel or a regular TN. I guess we'll find out soon.

9. surfaceproartist

Perhaps. I was pretty disappointed by the first gen pen display, although it grew on me in my follow-up review.

10. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Well, the pen-only version, at $549 makes it by far the most affordable 22" modern drawing machine on the market today.

The comparable Huion is nearly $1000.

Parallax doesn't bother me, and if the stylus works without issue, then this is actually a remarkable deal.

I see no reason a user couldn't just turn it upside down so that ridiculous cord connector panel isn't awkwardly sprouting cables from the bottom. You could just invert the image through your graphics driver, which should be simple enough. -You'd need to come up with a different scheme for the stand, but I just mount my tablets to an existing drafting board anyway, so it wouldn't be an issue.

If the stylus action is acceptable, then this may be, with very little fanfare, the tablet which finally brings affordable digital arts to the studio.

Pending the reviews, this looks really quite promising.