modbook vs Fujitsu T4220

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by yuphehe, Feb 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yuphehe

yuphehe Pen Pal - Newbie

modbook specs vs Fuji specs seems about the same, prices are not far apart.

I've been using macbook pro, wants something more portable for classes.

Tablet functionality is easier to copy board with. I draw as well.

Modbook comes with the GPS which means I don't need to get the Garmin Nuvi 660 for my car anymore which is a plus, and that allows for more funds on the tablet.

I have mac programs...

2. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Modbook simply doe not qualify as a proper tablet computer IMO. It's simply a laptop with a Wacom digitizer, but with the keyboard and track pad ripped off. What I mean is, that it's fine for those who are simply wanting to draw on the screen and don't care about having a device designed for tablet only operations for other purpose than just art, but it sorely lacks as a proper tablet computer, with features that nurture pen note taking, pen oriented GUI operations and other necessities.

This might be a difficult choice since you are a Mac user and have invested into OSX applications, but if you are serious about making a tablet into your day to day machine for more than just drawing, I personally think it's worth the effort to switch to a real Tablet PC. And the T4220 is an excellent convertible unit. Also, you can actually get much higher resolution on the T4220 than the Modbook, with it's SXGA+ LCD option ($50), which is a boon to drawing digitially.

3. Complexis

Complexis Scribbler - Standard Member

Modbook is just what it is, a modbook. It really doesnt match up to T4220, which is a definitive tablet. There really isn't any comparison between the two. Unless you are a big mac fan, which Windows is better anyways.

4. iRabbit

iRabbit Pen Pal - Newbie

Yuphehe,

Right now, the ModBooks are backordered until at least the end of March, so that may be a factor in your decision... I don't know how quick you need to get a Tablet computer.

You might want to come over and check out ModBookForum.com -- we've got a bunch of members waiting for their ModBooks and a handful of people who actually have one... and they are probably the best people to ask about functionality.

If you're tied into Mac the way I am, it's completely understandable why a Mac Tablet is preferred. It may be easy for people to say Windows is better, or the ModBook isn't a proper tablet, but ultimately, it's the only choice if you want to run Leopard (at least easily).

5. yuphehe

yuphehe Pen Pal - Newbie

thanks for the help. from what I've read on the modbook, it seems that everyone that has one is very please with it. but it is a concern to be because I would like to have received the computer by the beginning of March so I'll be able install all the important programs before midterms (mid-march). However for most things my current computer is enough so if it is worth the while, I'll wait.

It seems that people on this forum mentions the ebay Fujitsus, and I am thinking, since it is half the price of the modbook, i'll try my luck on ebay first, if I don't get a good deal, then I'll stick with the mac.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.