ModBook Pro

Discussion in 'Axiotron Modbook' started by Zero, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

2. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

dear god....thats as nuts as Wacom charging $3600 for the multi-touch Cintiq.

You'd think with the slew of Digitizer enabled Windows 8 Tablets about to hit...they would try to a be a bit more competitively priced.

3. Jambalaya

Jambalaya Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't get the surprise over the cost of a Modbook Pro. If you start with a Macbook Pro and THROW MOST OF IT IN THE TRASH why would anyone ever think you could make this thing for a competitive price. With Jobs out of the picture (rip) perhaps there's a chance for third party devices to run Mac OSX. That would allow Axiotron and others to design affordable devices for niche markets.

Funny how no one's ever complained about not getting a kickback from Axiotron/Modbook Inc for the parts they remove and obviously re-sell when converting Macbooks. I wonder what a new Macbook Pro screen is worth?

4. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

lol
    *bubble burst*

but I agree with you that it should be cheaper... this thing is a lesser version of what the T902 is. Unless you are desperate for OSX... I just can't see anyone buying this overpriced frankenMAC if they knew something like the T902 already exists.

5. Jambalaya

Jambalaya Pen Pal - Newbie

Though my compatriots had various PC tablets for work I bought an original Modbook because of my huge investment in OSX software. Adding it up I found it almost (repeat "almost") came out even. My modbook is still ticking along without any issues ever so it worked out pretty well.

6. Fluffyfurball

Fluffyfurball Scribbler - Standard Member

I can understand. I've switched back to the Windows platform this month after using OS X for 12 years. Turning my back to all the software (albeit most of it is older software) is the hardest part.