Modbook has arrived

Discussion in 'Axiotron Modbook' started by wallywld, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Aman

Aman Scribbler - Standard Member

Quiet a mix reaction.
    You are lucky to have good units,whereas about 60-70 percent consumers have horrible problems with T902 pen system,including me.

I don't think I should get banned because I spoke the truth.You would rather misguide others to buy T902 with such cheap quality pen system.and then they will come and cry because they brought T902.

They are now refusing me to refund me full money.
    They have not returned the Import duty for T902 which is 20,000 INR.This policy is too bad.
    Plus they say that since I am not returning the packaging box which I threw in Dust bin,hence they will not return 5000 INR.
    As if money grows on trees.

And the whole time eating process is 6-8 months.
    Delivery after order:Around 3 months.
    Return of money:2.6 to 3 months after returning the units.
    Wasting of time trying to callibrate:Around 1 month.
    Productive use :0.2 days,not sketching.

Wipro Service guys qualification: 0
    Drawing produced on T902 :0
    Drawing idea creation on Cintiq 13HD:0.2 units(Live demo)

No. of installed original licenses consumed in T902:2
    One MS Office 2010
    And one MS Office 2013.

I was knowing about the pen Callibration issue when I had installed these licenses on T902.I foolishly thought that after trying to callibrate about 15 times a day for about one or two months,I will be able to Callibrate the digitiser.
    Does anyone know how to transfer licensce from one system to another?

Last edited: May 30, 2013
  2. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Statements like these are false. YOU had a bad experience with the digitizer, but MOST people haven't, or find it perfectly acceptable.

Saying NO professional artwork gets made or can be made on a T902 is the false and misleading part.

WE MAKE PROFESSIONAL ART ON OUR T902'S.

everyday.

Saying YOU had a bad experience and that you THINK the modbook pro will provide a better pen experience is perfectly fine. The problem is, you keep saying ridiculous things (percentages, hard facts, over-gerealized statements etc) that AREN NOT TRUE.

Is this making sense yet???????

go ahead and click on the links below of my work made on the T902. Look at the work and then come back again and tell me that T902 is not doing professional work.

3. Aman

Great.
    Can you share camera video shot of Your work with T902 ,as we saw with ModBook with stylus nib touching on screen on You-Tube.

Last edited: May 29, 2013
  4. stoneseeker

Ok.

T902 Wacom accuracy demo - YouTube

just for you, Aman. Just for you.

5. Aman

Lucky guy,
    I am glad that you are among the 40 percent with a nearby less Defective Digitiser.
    I am impressed with it!

I am feeling Jaelous about you that I was among the 60 percent Consumers who got Defective digitiser in T902 and you got a much much better unit.

Only at the edges,you have little Callibration issues.
    At centre and near centre of screen everywhere,Callibration is decent enough.

However,I have seen some demos of Tablets like ModBook,Tablet Kiosk and Motion Comouting J3500,where Callibration was all great even at the edges of the screen.
    Infact Wacom Cintiq 13HD too has better Callibration at the edges of the screen.

Did did you calibrated yourself or you got the unit Precallibrated?

Can I may be atleast helped with this:

Does anyone know how to transfer licensce used in one one system to another PC?

Thanks a lot!

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  6. Shizaru

Shizaru Scribbler - Standard Member

Do you have a source for the data used to establish the figures that you seem to be stating as fact? If you do please cite the source and if you don't I guess we should class those claims as utter BS. I'm not a Fujitsu owner or fan boy and the impression I get from users out in the webeeeeiverse doesn't support the wild claims you appear to be making.

As for the last sentence quoted above I would be interested to hear how you can make that claim seeing as Wacom's most recent driver release has vastly improved the edge calibration on windows machines of most if not all brands. Afaik you have no first hand experience or knowledge of the Fuji T902's performance using the new driver...which would make the value of your opinion on that issue questionable to put my thoughts politely! Have you actually personally used a T902 in the last couple of weeks? Wacom are the primary developers of the driver not Fujitsu - so how do you justify your accusations solely directed towards the hardware manufacturer? My Samsung ATIV 700T1C had awful edge calibration prior to the release of the latest Wacom driver which, by my reasoning would make Wacom software developers the primary cause of poor edge calibration.

Edit:
    Here is a website that you may find useful Trivium Education | Where Knowledge, Understanding and Wisdom Begin. That isn't meant as an insult, it's intended as a helpful insight in to the lost art of applied logic and grammar as our forefathers once knew it...before it went into decline around 180 years ago.

I hope my comments don't contribute to yet another thread lock, as a result of your relentless, irrational and suspect campaign (spam) against the other wise well thought of T902.

7. Aman

I don't know whether its appropriate to discuss this here.
    I too don't want yet another thread lock.

Well this is what I have learnt:
    1)

I was not talking about Drivers.
    The fact was related to not only my own trial with Cintiq 13HD,but various You-Tube Videos on Cintiq 13HD,ALSO many You-Tube videos on different Windows Tablet PCs,like Tablet Kiosk and Few demo videos on ModBook.(That does not mean that T902 and old Thinkpad X22t models are the only one with Bad Callibration at the edges.But 80-90 percent devices in today's market do not have Callibration problems at edges.Perhaps,I have seen so many videos that its hard to remember their weblinks,except for ModBook.)

2)
    Regarding 60 percent record of bad Callibration,I have already mentioned somewhere in the forum,the list of threads describing Pen Callibration problems with T902.
    Perhaps,satisfactory consumers like Shogmaster are comparatively extremly less online,one or two.

And I compared that with the improperly spread out information about ModBook user experience on Facebook,Blogs,different websites,Indiviual user reviews,
    A comparision and analysis between both Tablet PCs resulted in the conclusion that 80 percent old ModBook consumers had good experience and all the few ModBook pro individual reviews available as Blogs,Facebook comments,etc till now have been noticed to be positive.
    But That does not also mean that there will not be any further bad experience with ModBook.It only means that your risks while placing a new order for Tabet PCs are reduced.I too still have risks while ordering ModBook.In life there is nothing achievable without risks,we can only minimise it by keeping us as well informed as possible.So,I am not promoting anything.I am only suggesting my analysis.Risk in buying is a game of estimation through analysis,no Gaurantee for it.

Also,the number of Sketching demos of ModBook is allmost dozen approximately where as I have not seen so many people online posting Demo sketching videos on sketching with LifeBook T902.

Now that doesnot mean that other devices are bad and ModBook is good.A "Motion Computing"Tablet could be great for for a medium Processing Speed and Low budget.However,ModBook is perhaps the best in my opinion for those desiring high processing speed,not comparing to Cintiq 24HD and Cintiq 22HD.

I haven't have maintained a proper list of website searches,because I didn't thought anyone would ask me a question like this.
    Good to know.Thanks!
    So,Wacom software update can also make things better.
    I think I am now confussed myself!
    The ownership experience can be mix.Try to buy products with minimum bad Experience of consumers.And one needs to remember that there is nothing called No Risk even when you bring a device with lowest customer Dissatisfaction percentage.

I wouldn't have returned my T902.I would have taken a replacement,but then when you know that you have already seen so many complains about T902,why you want to take very very high rate of risk again?

8. stoneseeker

I am still using an older Wacom driver: 7.0.9-7 And even if the new one improves things greatly when the unit is uncalibrated, or improve the edges, it should be known that I worked with what I got.
    I calibrated it till I was happy, then got to work on it. I am so used to it, I don't even think about the cursor. I do my job (broadcast 2D animation and illustration) on the T902 and got over any entitled need for perfect accuracy or even a bug-free experience. Every tabletPC has a bug or two. You learn to work within these limits. T902 is no exception, nor any worse of a risk IMO, just the highest regarded brand in tabletPC tech today, and a powerful system capable of pulling off the kind of work I need to do. So I worked with it and chose to love it, the same way I think you will choose to love the Modbook Pro when you get it.
    Fujitsu isn't to blame here, but my unit didn't come perfectly calibrated or accurate upon arrival. Neither did my Asus ep121 for that matter. I had to calibrate both. It's the nature of Wacom tech, sometimes you get a unit that is awesome right away, and you don't even need to calibrate it. I think this was more often the case in older machines especially. These days calibration seems more necessary to get to a satisfactory place. This could be new OS's, different resolutions, more interference, and crappier wacom drivers as time went on. Who knows?
    I did find the pen to drift more in the T902 when I first got it, and it's possible the newest driver from Wacom improves that. But, I knew that getting pinpoint accuracy across the screen is not that important when you learn to look at the cursor and not the hand. All Wacom tech is to be used with that in mind, even the glorious 24HD is not used like a pen on paper.
    At the end of the day, it's just another tool that you need to get used to using. I think you might be learning this the hard way, Aman. With a bit of patience and time, and perhaps the new driver, you may have come to love the T902 and used it lots. Your modbook pro will not be perfect, but maybe it will have a slightly more accurate cursor right out of the box. You will learn to live with its other quircks, and make your art on it, but ultimately it would still come to a choice to do so.

I think you should avoid using percentages that do not come from a source you can quote. And no, counting you tube videos does not count as source. This is not a forum of people who will take percentages and rounded numbers seriously if they are not backed by reliable research from a third party. If you find the rate of returns on Fujitsu tabletPC's and then found the rate of returns on modbooks, quoted your source, linked your source and crated a percentage out of that, it would receive more respect.

9. Aman

Thanks!

Luckily the Test drive which I took of 13HD indicated Good Callibration at the edges and so did the You-Tube videos for 13HD appeared.May be it also indicates that Wacom has learnt from its old mistakes regarding 12WX Callibration issues and has corrected its mistakes in 13HD.

But I don't understand one thing:I tried callibrating so many times a day for about a month and still couldn't callibrate it?

Does It indicates that your unit may be way better than mine.Or does it indicates that Fujitsu didn't had good drivers very specifically for Lifebook T902 itself,for windows 8,when I bought it?

Last edited: May 30, 2013
  10. Shizaru

Shizaru Scribbler - Standard Member

Considering the importance of drivers, ignoring them seems to be leaving out a rather critical element of the equation to me. The quality of the drivers and the direct effect they have on calibration accuracy of a tablet pc is highly relevant. It's also a major contributor to the calibration issue you keep referring to. We also have to accept the fact that the issues you experienced weren't a result of user error or lack of experience with the technology. The people you have been arguing against have experience with multiple devices both new and old. That gives them a much better reference point to base their opinions on. Many of them have real time video footage of their experience with cometary or text notes expressing their views. You have provided no supporting material which demonstrates your competence or abilities based on real world experience! The driver released a couple of weeks ago had a significant effect on pen precision across a wide range of Wacom enabled tablet PC devices. Prior to that the T902 was generally accepted by the majority as being one of the best performers in respect of calibration and processor performance. From my own experience with the ATIV and the old S7S I can categorically state that the driver update was a major improvement! If I rolled the driver back I could prove that the driver is responsible. I also know from video reviews I have seen that the T902 had better edge detection than my device, although the 902 also shared the basic common issue to a lesser degree from my observation. The other thing is most people do not tend to draw detail that close to the edge. The major issue with the edge calibration is/was clicking accurately and consistently on menu options and side bars etc. If drawing that close to the edge was a major issue you would simply increase the canvas size to allow a margin and then crop the final image. At least that would be my remedy if it became an issue for me.

I'm not too sure that comparing a dedicated 100% Wacom device is a particularly useful comparison, given the fact that the issue you're constantly harping on about is with reference to hybrid pc tablet devices.

Quoting your own baseless arbitrary percentages which are founded on unsupported anecdotal evidence is nonsense, which no rational person could accept! You are also presenting information as fact rather than opinion. You're further compounding the problem by stating opinions about a device you have never seen in the flesh let alone experienced in practical use! Again no right thinking person would or could accept that as valid data. The major issue is that you're propagating misleading information/disinformation in a public forum where people are seeking authoritative information. People could read one of your posts and make a bad purchase decision as a result of reading your opinion stated as fact.

As the person making the claim the burden of proof rest with you. So if you wish to continue making authoritative claims with 60/40 percentages I personally would like to see the supporting evidence for your claim, so that I may evaluate the validity of your data. If you can't back up your claim then you should retract what you have said.

For the record I have never made any claim that the ATIV is the best. I'm also fully aware of it's shortcomings and there are things I can and have complained about. Such as the poor track pad experience which isn't a show stopper regardless of the annoyance and frustration it can cause. To my knowledge there are no current tablet devices that are particularly low budget items. 4K is an extremely overpriced device no mater what way you dice it and there is no way in hell that it can offer a performance increase that remotely justifies the cost. How you manage to rationalise or justify paying such a premium for the hardware supplied in a modbook is a matter for you or should I say your father. Personally I could care less what you spend your money on. The fact of the matter is that it's an intel i7 machine with the same wacom tech as the majority of other tablet pc's in that class. The only significant differences being it can legitimately (not exclusively) run the apple OS and the additional cost to cobble together a mac device to function in a manor acceptable to users with a artistic requirement. I would imagine that Fujitsu will enjoy a much higher market share than modbook, and more people prepared to migrating from mac to windows based on sound reason and logic. At the end of the day it's just another thin box with a few bits of silicon stuffed inside and a screen you can scribble on...none of which come with any built in talent modules. ;)

I hope you don't have to force yourself to enjoy your experience living with the consequences of your reasoning.