Modbook has arrived

Discussion in 'Axiotron Modbook' started by wallywld, Jan 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aman

Aman Scribbler - Standard Member

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  2. azelll

azelll Pen Pal - Newbie

why someone would be interested in some 7 years old videos? even the model is different! I hope you work for axiotron somehow :-?

3. Aman

No!I don't work for ModBook Incorporated.
    But even after the new company is different,atleast the CEO is the same and the ModBook Pro has its 30 percent genes in Old ModBook.
    I have returned my LifeBook T902 which was waste of money and waste of time,due to improper Callibration and improper shielding,
    The description of Paper like matte glass screen matches the You-Tube video demos.

I tried Wacom Cintiq 13Hd,and though Callibration is good,the pen nib is slippery and has no decent grip on the screen,something which ModBook has.

Very soon,I should be having a ModBook Pro,if my dad gets convinced with me and if Import duties are reasionable to my dad's pocket.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
  4. azelll

azelll Pen Pal - Newbie

your Dad? oh, boy! Have fun with your modbook thing, but I still don't see why people should look at some very old tablet video...
    are you going to post anything about the Macintosh 2?

5. Aman

I am glad that you raised such an important question for artists!:Why should a new ModBook Pro Prospective customer watch these old videos of a very old model?

Well,as I told,ModBook Pro has 30 percent genes in its predecessor.So,some time back,these videos were the only way to make a decision on ModBook Pro or to make any judgement on ModBook Pro.

Now that the reviews on the new ModBook Pro have arrived and some great,independent review comments from 3-4 ModBook Pro consumers have arrived,its becoming more clear for me that ModBook Pro is the best.

The paper like feel mentioned in ModBook Pro website actually can be verified by these videos and the thickness of the stylus nib provided with it,which is dimensioned to make use of that paper like screen in synergy can be easily seen and compared to that of other stylusses though various photo shots in ModBook Pro's reviews.
    The small noise hearable from You-Tube videos when stylus nib works on the screen is also enough to make judgements.

It is extremly easily vissible from these videos that due to paper like feel,there's no unncessary slippage of stylus nib in ModBook unlike that of Wacom Cintiq 13HD.The nib has commendable grip on Screen in the case of ModBook Pro.(I tried the Wacom Cintiq 13HD demo and I am not impressed with the grip of nib on the Screen on 13HD.Its not good for product designing/sketching,however its pen Callibration is pretty accurate,amazing and simple.The pen slips a lot,no decent nib Grip,not paper like.)

There are many bad points about ModBook Pro such as lesser viewing angles,big stand option rather than a inbuilt stand,no smart cover and no camera and not great for watching movies on it.But one thing I have noticed is that most other new product makers neglect what artists and product designers need.I am ready to compromise on the other goodies which I might get with a MacBook Pro only because I want something that is primarily great for sketching,it may not be great for watching movies or entertainment at all.

In short,don't buy ModBook if stylus is what you do not want to use at all.
    It is value for money and worthy only if you are artist.
    For the Same price point,you do get TWO MacBook Pros (13.3 inches) with similar configuration.

I wish that we get to see many live demos of the new ModBook Pro with stylus.A screen recording of sketching on the new ModBook Pro is already available on You-Tube,but its not a Camera shot:
    http://youtu.be/0lHoJvwMwR0

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  6. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

azelll & Aman: OK, folks; points made. Time to move on...

7. Aman

Hmm Hmm!

Persional Opionion:I saw ModBook Pro consumer Interactions with me and others on FaceBook and outside online,and even saw the Technical Descriptions on ModBook Website matching the voice comming out of the Sylus nibs in the You-Tube videos.ModBook Website did mentioned about Paper Enumulating Screen surface which can be noticed from the video recordings and stylus nib sound in it.

The voice and the Watched accuracy on multiple You-Tube videos is sufficient enough for me to judge before ordering.

Perhaps there are no sketching demo You-Tube videos on LifeBook T902 drawing but there are multiple Sketching demo videos for ModBook on You-Tube.

Your eyes are equivalent to Camera.
    Your ears are equivalent to sound from speakers.

Your chatting on Facebook with Mulitple Pro customers & ModBook Team and noticing that quiet a bit old ModBook Consumers have rebrought the Pro versions can give that confidence that ModBook is great.

Waiting till 10-25 days as suggested by email interactions with ModBook for an Haswell Update,then ready to buy.
    Unlike before,the ModBook is made by ModBook Inc. themselves and previously ModBook Pros were assembled by local dealers,ensuring better Qaulity now.
    The ModBook's Screen is though clear enough in normal enviornment as seen by this Facebook Image:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=152051598289325&set=o.61627843878&type=3&theater

Seeng is believing,and YouTube and sound recorded on You-Tube while Stylus nibs touch the Screen can give that Belief.

The only thing which I got limited access to know about is the Longterm ownership experience.But at the same time question arises why would more than 3 old ModBook Artist consumers would buy ModBook Pro if they had bad Callibration experience with modBook???

No one is stupid enough to buy a ModBook Pro if the experience was bad with Old ModBook.I searched on FaceBook and other websites and found that Atleast 3 Comic Artists using old Modbook bought new ModBook Pro.

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/wha...cintiq-13hd-basic-demo-first-impressions.html

Please add more reviews into it.

Sumarisation of my Demo Review on Cintiq 13HD:
    The other wise great Cintiq 13HD does not have great pen nib grip on the screen,but still grip is manageable/controllable quite well,if Felt nibs are used instead of standard nibs and if the sketching speed is bit slow.It is not friendly if you don't have a proper setup to carry around everywhere,becuase of the bunch of wires and an adapter, it needs to work.The pen Callibration is easy,great and highly accurate and is probably a surprising improvement from its predecessor.The Ultra HD Picture Quality is MindBlowing,can't find the pixels so easily on the screen.The additional value added controls seems to be a great addition.There is allmost no parallax even at the edges.

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/tab...dea-protect-modbook-pro-screen-scratches.html

Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
  8. Aman

NOTE:
    Some people say that "This ModBook seems to offer good Callibration ,but its nothing better than most other Tablet PCs."

I want to avoid any confussion which many have with my comments:

Neither I said that ModBook's Callibration is anything better than most decent Tablet PC stylusses.I know other Tablet PC with same decent Callibration Norms,like Tablet Kiosk,Motion Computing and Samsung,Microsoft(related to Surface Pro.)
    But definately the nib Grip is way better in ModBook compared to its most competitors due to Matte paper enumulating Screen Surface.

I had to say that these 5 Tablet brands and many others put T902 into shame when it comes to Callibration.You can't really do any great productive work with T902's pen system since most T902 units have worst quality Electromagnetic wave shielding and have really bad pen Callibration norms.

9. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

FALSE. (not my opinion. Just fact. )

10. cmenice

cmenice Scribbler - Standard Member

Can a mod please ban Aman? He's got to be the worst troll I've ever seen, but the real issue is the large amount of BS he's smearing all over this forum. It's getting very dirty and smelly imo. I know I could just ignore his posts, but there is something to the fact that his inaccurate and highly biased posts will still be archived for others to read later and be misled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.