Modbook has arrived

Discussion in 'Axiotron Modbook' started by wallywld, Jan 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JMF0

JMF0 Pen Pal - Newbie

1 year vs 3 year Warranty

Anyone opting for the 3 year? I plan on buying the ModBook on my credit card which will double the 1 year warranty to 2 years so really I would be out only 1 year in the end...

thoughts? I am a little leery since this is a hardware modification....

THX!
    Jeff

2. JMF0

JMF0 Pen Pal - Newbie

Just ordered mine....and got this notice on the shipping estimate....I had originally ordered last year in January and subsequently lost faith in August and canceled my pre-order....now though with Wally and others getting their ModBooks I am excited to get it....2/20 cannot come fast enough!!

Due to a backorder indicated by our site for item OWCMB22GHZCUS, we estimate this order will ship on or before Wednesday, Feb. 20 2008. This shipping date estimate is based on the currently available information and is for reference only.

3. iRabbit

iRabbit Pen Pal - Newbie

It's so hard to wait isn't it JM? I'm going crazy over here! LOL

4. waiveform

waiveform Pen Pal - Newbie

Haha, it's hard to wait for Christmas. You know when it's coming (even though it's only once a year).

This is F*#@ING torture!!! You purchase something...you expect to GET that something. But my wife tells me it's like we're purchasing the lamborghini's of the computing world, and when you custom order the high class crap you're really at the mercy of the designer (plus you don't REALLY want them to cut corners or anything!).

I WAS going to go for the three year warranty, but then I started to think about this whole fiasco and thought...eh, 'ol Axiotron may not be AROUND for three years. Then I thought, well, most anything that's going to go wrong is going to go happen fairly early on, even if it DOES involve soldering and such. Also, I've got other computers that I didn't get the warranty on and they DO end up crapping out now and then, sometimes you just have to deal though (i mean when it's past the warranty anyway).

5. waiveform

Hey Wally...did u get an e-mail before your ModBook shipped? And when did you order? Where you the first one at the MacWorld expo or something???
    -wf

6. wallywld

wallywld Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't know if I was the first to order, but very possibly. I ordered in January of last year and I did so the moment I received an email from OWC saying they were ready to take orders. I wasn't at MacWorld.

They did send a message saying it was on it's way with a copy of the order, etc. and a tracking number.

W.

7. dhummer

dhummer Pen Pal - Newbie

I ordered my Modbook on Jan 10 and received a message from OWC that it would be shipped on or before Feb 8. I figured that a lot of orders would follow the Macworld Conf. If Apple released their version I could then cancel.I want to try to use the Modbook for electronic medical records.

8. JMF0

JMF0 Pen Pal - Newbie

9. waiveform

Yeahhhhh, sooooo.....

I've been doing some calculations, and I read somewhere that it takes a well trained tech. approximately 1 hour to assemble the Axiotron Mod Kit for the ModBook. ASSUMING they have FIFTY full time employees cranking out eight flawless Mods each business day, and ASSUMING I'm the 100,000th customer (CEO Andreas Haas said they are shipping in the hundreds of thousands, so I'm being optimistic)....
    That's a couple HUNDRED BUSINESS DAYS until my ModBook ships out!?!? errrrr, someone pleeeeease tell me I'm way wrong :(
    -wf

maybe we should ask that Ben guy at OWC how many trained techs they have assembling these things!!! I NEED A TABLET!!!

10. dhummer

dhummer Pen Pal - Newbie

Well at least getting a Modbook is better than this response from Audi.

I will be assisting you with your Questions on the Audi R8. As of today the 24th of December, 2007, we have 10 deposits in house for the R8. At the current rate of production, if you put a deposit down today you would receive your car approximately 2014. We have requested to become the official R8 dealer for the mid atlantic region, currently we are a service point for the R8 which allocates Audi of Hunt Valley 1 R8 vehicle every 12 to 16 months. We will know in late January if our allocation is going to be increased to 1 car every 6 months. If you are willing to wait, and the R8 is worth the wait,I will be happy to secure a spot for you. You can reach me at one of the numbers below or just respond to this e-mail. Thank you for your interest in the Audi R8.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.