ModBook Handle

Discussion in 'Axiotron Modbook' started by JAU, Feb 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wallywld

wallywld Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello all:

I have received the handle for the ModBook (the one from Case Mate).

It works as advertised and has helped a little bit with the positioning of the system for daily use.

Bad news is that it's kind of odd to carry the machine this way as it's off balance and tilts in an awkward way.

Here are some pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Having said and shown, I have a warning.

I have been in contact with people at Axiotron. Yes, a live person there!, as well as with others at OWC.

The Axiotron person specifically warned me that the way the handle screws into the Mac/ModBook uses different screws that literally attach to the magnesium frame of the Modbook. This might put undue strain at a place the system was not designed for. His advice.... Don't use it.

I'm going to take the advice and remove mine from my system because it really didn't add as much functionality as I expected. I'll keep looking for a solution. For now, here is another option...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is basically a calculator/desk phone stand. I bought it at Office Max for $8.00

It's adjustable and has a rubber surface to keep the finish safe. I have been using it on my desk with good results.

Now if we could only get a real, adjustable kick stand/easel of some kind, I would be happy.

W.

2. iRabbit

iRabbit Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey Wally...

There's some interesting stands at OWC also in the accessories category... some of them looked rather cool... I liked this one:

iLevel by Rain Designs
    [​IMG]

and this one (but not sure how sturdy it is)
    [​IMG]

ps...
    You've actually talked to human's at Axiotron? On behalf of a lot of people waiting, what's the dang holdup shipping ModBooks out? LOL! :D

3. Modsquad

Modsquad Pen Pal - Newbie

What!!You actually talked to someone at Axiotron? I am very impressed...You really are a very lucky guy. I suppose you weren't hounding them as to when yours will be delivered, so that must have put them at ease. Unfortunately, they aren't interested in speaking with people who are still waiting. It's all very hush hush.

4. wallywld

I have been communicating with humans at both OWC and Axiotron for a short while. I have mentioned the situation to both. Basically there are several restrictions on what ANY of them can share with the general public because of non -disclosure agreements and such. I would just like to let everyone know that there is a great sense of urgency about this issue and it is not being ignored.

5. iRabbit

iRabbit Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm gonna vent here for a second, and it's totally not at you Wally...

I understand NDCs... they are common in my line of work...
    That should not at all prevent them from communicating effectively with their consumers about their orders. If there's a hold-up, they should say so. They are probably just AFRAID to say so since it's been all over the newswire that they are shipping the product out, and they know the wrath of impatient customer who've been waiting a year will be worse than ever.

If they weren't prepared to disclose order status to the people handing over their credit card information, they should not have taken pre-orders or orders. That's obsurd.

Again, not aimed at you Wally... I just think the lack of communication is ridiculous. No one is asking for company secrets here, just simply when to expect the item they ordered to ship. That's a completely reasonable expectation for any consumer to have.

6. wallywld

Don't worry. I won't take it personally.

I agree with you completely and I made some remarks to that respect. Maybe they'll realize that people who have been waiting for so long are pretty committed and will probably react quite well to direct and accurate info.

W.

7. iRabbit

iRabbit Pen Pal - Newbie

Ya know, if they just communicated what is going on I'd be thankful. Being totally in the dark sucks.... AND, I can imagine, being pushed off a number of times over the last year like you and others suffered was even worse.

So far, your customer service experience with them has been good though? I want to try to have faith in that once I actually have one, but since we're not off to a good start, it's easy to be wary.

ps... if you get a chance post one of your ModBook photos to the gallery... I made a new album called "I received my ModBook" and want to try to get a visual record going to give others hope!

8. JAU

JAU Pen Pal - Newbie

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.