Mischief 2.0

Discussion in 'Artists' started by Count Vertsalot, Nov 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. watchdog

watchdog Scribbler - Standard Member

This is great, I love this program and its infinite canvas. I see that it has dropped in price too, from $65 down to $25, and for that you get a tool panel that is smaller and not in the way, as well as multi-touch.
    First Artrage for Android, then an update of Sketchbook mobile pro and now this. All I need now is for them to release a version of Mischief for Android and my life will be complete.

2. Count Vertsalot

Count Vertsalot Pen Pal - Newbie

They have already expressed interest developing for mobile platforms.

3. watchdog

I'll be watching for a mobile version. Here's hoping they don't just say "iOS is super popular" and stop there.

4. watchdog

I've seen a similar sort of glitch both in the original version and in this new version as well. As you draw, the upper area of your drawing will stretch upwards with every new stroke. The picture will reset when you move the canvas a little bit.
    For all the cool features this program has, this is the only major glitch I've seen.

5. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I find that touch response is also incredibly hit and miss one every device I've tried so far: Surface Pro 2 and 3, Thinkpad Yoga, Acer Aspire R7 and Sony Flip 15A. It can get extremely frustrating.

6. Count Vertsalot

Yeah, you can tell the touch gestures are a really new feature without a lot of time put into it. Now that the foundry added team members we will hopefully get more frequent updates and fixes.

surfaceproartist likes this.
  7. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

Downloaded yesterday the free trial.
    I tried the last version back in March when I bought the Companion and didn't like it at all, so I uninstalled it after five minutes.

Now I'm finding it definitely more enjoyable: it's simple and straight forward, this makes for a great sketching software.
    The only problem I'm noticing is that the canvas is slow, far too slow. The more you zoom in on your sketch, the more zoom/pan/rotate gets frustrating!
    It's something hardly acceptable on a machine with an i7 cpu and 8GB of ram...

For that price, I'll buy it anyway but I hope they'll be able to optimize the performance in the future.

surfaceproartist likes this.
  8. Count Vertsalot

Version 2.0.2 is out.

9. Takanu

Takanu Pen Pal - Newbie

I tried this and am about to push an update for CHOMP Toolbar to use the new keybindings, but I can't get pressure sensitivity to work either, even when using the new WinTab drivers :/ (using a Sony VAIO Duo 13).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.