Mint - Fujitsu Lifebook T902 with extras (16GB Memory, optional SSD and option Win8)

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade and Tablet PC Deals' started by cmenice, Oct 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmenice

cmenice Scribbler - Standard Member

1) Fujitsu Lifebook T902

2) Used, but Minty fresh. Includes and ships in original box with charger, accessories and manuals. The laptop also has a Photodon MXH screen protector installed.

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-3320M (3MB cache, up to 3.30GHz) with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology
    Display: 13.3" HD+ WideView IPS LCD with dual digitizer (1600 x 900 pixels, 300nits brightness, 1000:1 Contrast Ratio, Anti-Glare) Wide Viewing Angle: Right/ Left/ Up/ Down - 75/75/75/75 degrees
    Memory: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz - rocking the maximum here. It's a nice upgrade!
    HDD: 500GB - with the option to add an SSD for an extra cost.
    OS: Windows 7 Pro, with the option of Windows 8 Pro for an extra cost.

3) Photos coming when the sun comes up.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2016271/FujitsuT902/DSC00763.JPG
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2016271/FujitsuT902/DSC00764.JPG
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2016271/FujitsuT902/DSC00765.JPG
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2016271/FujitsuT902/DSC00767.JPG
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2016271/FujitsuT902/DSC00768.JPG

4) $950 - don't low ball, but some negotiation possible considering the extras I'm offering (SSD, Windows 8).

5) Paypal. Cash if we can meet in person (in Greater Boston, MA area).

6) Shipping by the cheapest safest insured way possible. It will be somewhat expensive because it's heavy, but I'll split the cost with you! US shipping only.

7) I've been a member here on TPCR for a while. My eBay user name is cstudent2004.

8) This is THE WORKHORSE machine for artists and business users. I'm not using it as much these days and I could use the money for some heath insurance costs that are looming.

It's possible for me to install a 256GB Crucial M4 SSD for an additional $150.
    It's also possible for me to install Windows 8 Pro for an additional cost, but contact me first on that one.

This laptop will have the original install of Fujitsu's Windows 7 Pro, which doesn't include the pressure sensitive Wacom drivers, but I can install them for you.

I'm also going to offer my Axiotron Studio Pen with the purchase. These pens are highly sought after these days.

Feel free to PM me with questions.
    ----------------------------------------------------------

Attention Buyers: Please do not offer less than what the original poster asked for unless they specify "Best

Offer" or "Nearest Offer". If you have a question about the price of an item please private message the original

poster.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Woah, considering the upgrades and including a discontinued Axiotron pen, your asking too little! I haven't seen a T902 go for less than $1900 yet in international Ebay sales. I think USA must have them cheaper, but still, dat price!

Also, the contrast ratio is 1000:1 according to notebook review. One of the highest conrast ratio screens in any tabletPC.

good luck!

3. cmenice

Seems a comparable price to eBay, but I like to give folks here a chance before going there. On the contrast ratio, I pulled the info from Fujitsu, so who knows. I'll take your word for it though! Hoping it sells!

4. sky12345

sky12345 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey there!

I'm really interested in this tabletpc, I currently own a Sony Vaio T15 - 15" i7-3537u, 8gb Ram, 1TB hybrid harddrive, and this sounds like a REALLY good deal, and pretty much what I want.

How is the i5 processsor vs my i7? is the i7 really necesarry?

I found that the HDD is really slow when I need it to be fast, so i'd definitely want it to be an SSD

Is the laptop still available? I'd like to talk to you!

5. stoneseeker

The T902 i5 (full voltage) is a fair bit faster than the ULV i7 in your Vaio.
    This is a really good deal. I spent $3100 total on my unit after upgrading it myself.

6. sky12345

sky12345 Pen Pal - Newbie

@ stoneseeker

Do you feel like you'd replace your T902 anytime soon?

Also, is the SSD added onto the already there HDD, through the modular bay or how does it work?

7. stoneseeker

You could either use the modular bay (with an adapter bought seperately) to put an additional SSD, or you could replace the HDD with a SSD, your choice. You could also purchase a modular bay battery for longer battery life instead.

Additionally if you need a LOT of storage, you could put a mini-mSATA SSD in that slot. So in theory, you could have 3 SSD's or a combo of SSD/HDD. or 2 HDD/SSD and a modular bay battery, etc.

It's probably cheapest just to purchase a full laptop sized 256gig SSD to replace the HDD with.

No, nothing is available to me that I would even dream of replacing this thing with. I am animator and need bare minimum 16 gigs RAM for my After Effects projects, and full voltage processor is a must, at least until they completely catch up. I also need the big screen and Wacom, so that leaves me with no other alternatives except the X230t and Modbook Pro, which neither of which are upgrades in the least. This thing will be my workstation for ate least 4 more years.

8. ron2k_1

ron2k_1 calibuchi Senior Member

Did you buy new?
    How long did you had it for?
    What kind of work you did on it? Work load and frequency.

Any issues you know about? Scratches, cracks, flickering of screen, sudden crashes or shut downs, keys don't work, part of screen is pixel dead or none responsive etc)?

I'm really between the wall whether to treat myself to an x230t or the new Flip 15. The t902 was way out of my financial league but this is a good deal so if sky12345 (given that he has dibs) backs out kindly let me know.

Stone, you don't use it but you know alot of your system. Any issues with win 8.1 on this workhorse? Why I ask is because I don't have any of my tablets anymore so I kinda need a doodler that semi serve note taking and media consumption needs as well. At least until I can afford an arm device again.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  9. cmenice

Currently have an offer for the T902 and am awaiting payment. Thanks for everyone's interest and Stoneseeker for your vast knowledge and helpfulness in with the T902!

10. stoneseeker

Windows 8 was working fine for all after the initial period, but Windows 8.1 is giving nearly every TPC here issues with autorotation, tablet buttons and such. It should only be a matter of time they iron out those wrinkles too. I think I saw one person on the Fujitsu boards managed to fix the issues for 8.1.

*Glad to hear you got a seller CMenice. Sad to hear you leave the club though. Hope your hybrid serves you well!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.