Microsoft's next Surface event is on October 2

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by alextrela182, Sep 8, 2018.

1. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I really can't see Apple ever doing a iOS/MacOS Hybrid. Apple is all about streamlining everything and making their devices thinner and thinner at the expense of practicality (hence the horrid keyboards on the Macbooks). Even if they did make a 2-in-1 hybrid device.....I'd imagine they would rather cram more battery capacity or make the device thinner then having two separate chipsets.

dstrauss likes this.
  2. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Being honest if I wanted a machine that had a little more 'grrr' for 3d/games, I'd go for the 1060 model of the Surface Book 2. I'm still tempted now. There's no chance that I'd buy an external dock, to fit an over priced nvidia card, which then wouldn't run as intended. But that's me. :)

dstrauss likes this.
  3. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Won't that involve rewriting the Mac OS to make it touch friendly?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

4. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Didn't want to post this in "Elsewhere" to get lost, but just saw on the Google UK store site that the Pixel Slate will be available in an up to i7/16gb/256gb model - since when would you need that for Chrome OS? Wolf in sheep's clothing?

nnthemperor likes this.
  5. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Exactly my question on the other thread. But with the rumored Google support for running Windows on their CB devices, this could be a great windows device.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

6. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

I was going to meme-up a picture with the title "Microsoft announcements on Oct 2", with pictures of a black surface, a black surface laptop, and a black eye. I didn't have the skills to photoshop a black eye onto Panos though, so please just imagine it, thanks!

7. perry59

perry59 Pen Pal - Newbie

I imagine someone here will take up the challenge

8. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 AKA Hifihedgehog Senior Member

After seeing this, I am no longer convinced that though Microsoft is indeed a software and services company first, they are still not serious about their hardware. For example, I think the Surface Pro 6 i7 graphics downgrade is far more to blame on Intel than on Microsoft. Time will tell if next year’s rumored radical redesign will continue their ascent in the PC manufacturer ranks:

https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/10/17961938/microsoft-surface-top-pc-maker-gartner-2018

9. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 AKA Hifihedgehog Senior Member

Touché.

[Placeholder for quick YouTube stream of after hours gaming sesh.]

Bronsky likes this.
  10. b52hbuff

b52hbuff Scribbler - Standard Member

USB-C is more durable that what? My Surface Dock connector seems to be wearing pretty well.

It isn't that I'm willing to spend, it is that I prefer the convenience of not having to carry around a dongle. I have nothing that is USB-C, and I probably won't have anything for a while. And all of my storage is either cloud or network that I can access via WiFi or docked Ethernet.

I have two USB-A peripherals that I use on a consistent basis. A PS/2 to USB converter to let me use a legacy IBM keyboard, and a secure/encrypted USB drive.