Microsoft's next Surface event is on October 2

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by alextrela182, Sep 8, 2018.

1. MSGaldenzi

MSGaldenzi Scribbler - Standard Member

I'd love to see an AMD powered surface pro but I'm not holding my breath.

What worries me a little is the possibility of narrowing the bezels too much on the next SP. Narrow bezels are everywhere but after using some tablets with nearly non existent bezels, I grew to appreciate them as something to hold onto.

AMOLED would be really nice but again, not holding my breath.

Really excited to see what the Surface team has to offer, October can't come soon enough.

2. Chris_Kez

Chris_Kez Scribbler - Standard Member

On the most recent Windows Central podcast Daniel Rubino speculated that the October event will not be live-streamed. This further dampens my enthusiasm.

3. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

And I was praying Panos was going to pull a fast one on us, like the Surface Book reveal and trot out those rumored all new design Surface Pro's...sigh...

4. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...Daniel Rubino speculated that the October event will not be live-streamed...>>

...As far as I could tell, the last one wasn't (for the Go)... so...

5. dstrauss

OK - so now here I sit waiting for October for what - a rehash of the SPro 17 LTE with an 8th Gen processor and "maybe" a USB-C to replace the mini-DP, why shouldn't I just go with the HP Elite 2X 1031?

6. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Because a week later you'll change your mind?

7. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

First OLED introduced with 2019 iPad Pro and maybe-maybe 2021-2022 Surface lines and even then I really doubt.

We are 2018 and even next month we won’t see thunderbolt type C.
    We are 2018 and even today MS is selling 128gb version of Surface Pro/Book/Surface Laptop.

Seriously???

128gb should had been eliminated 2-3 years now for even basic selling hardware configuration.

MS rules

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
    dstrauss likes this.
  8. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Over production perhaps? Samsung, Toshiba and their uncles are producing so many that they offer them att basement prices to get rid of stock and Microsoft can't refuse a good bargain?

But I too think that 8 GB RAM and 256 GB SSD should be some minimum configuration (said the gal who just purchased a 4 GB 64 GB eMMC Surface Go. Yes, I'm a hypocrite and I feel entitled to it.)

dstrauss, Bronsky and nnthemperor like this.
  9. MSGaldenzi

MSGaldenzi Scribbler - Standard Member

128gb is fine for a secondary computer but if msft is aiming at your every day machine, I agree, 128gb is too low.

OLED will probably be in the ipad this year as will usb-c which should scare msft some. I hope msft does TB3 because an external gpu dock is something a surface pro could really benefit from.

10. dstrauss

@Kumabjorn - you KNOW it won't take a week to change my mind...

@alextrela182 - it worked for MS' godfather Apple - look how long the base iPhone only had 16gb...

@MSGaldenzi - the rumored USB-C and near bezel-less design of iPad Pro may be killer.

It is a farce that it will be 2019 before a Surface laptop or tablet gets TB3 - and if they don't add it to the Surface Studio 2, it will be an embarrassing disgrace (much like putting a hybrid drive in the original Studio).

Kumabjorn likes this.