Microsoft Trade-In Program

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Steve S, May 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

If you could sell it on eBay, you could probably get more, however just because you put it for sale on eBay, that doesn’t mean anyone is going to buy it. There are thousands of Surface auctions on eBay. And used after 2 years of heavy usage (in my case) isn’t as attractive a selling point as a manufactured refurbished (which typically gets you a fresh battery), or unused open box. And it’s not like Im an established eBay seller with thousands of likes and good comments to make my seller profile more attractive to buyers. And I could be wrong, but don’t you have to pay eBay back like 9% or up to $50 of the auction? The potential for getting more money def exits off eBay, but the extra effort, time, and patience might not be worth the difference.

2. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I used the Surface 3 hard for three years. I would not pass that device onto on anyone. That's why I like the trade-in program. $100 for this old POS is a steal.

3. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

They usually take 10% of the sale, unless they have some kind of promotion going on.

4. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Senior Member

I specifically chose the sp5
    Considering the value of the s3... It's a good deal for you... For a fairly new machine sp5 or sp6 not so sure...

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

5. mgerbasio

mgerbasio Scribbler - Standard Member

The case opened on my S3 due to a bulging battery. I get nothing. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.