Microsoft teases it's new dual screen device

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by jnjroach, Jun 3, 2019.

1. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

Azzart and thatcomicsguy like this.
  2. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Looks very intriguing. And MS seems to be following the Apple playbook of leaking tibits to build interest while officially saying "no leaks"

One thing I's like to see is have MS and Lenovo do a collaboration to extend this further. Specifically an evolution of the yoga book with the e-ink display.

I'd love a hybrid device for office type tasks using the e-ink for and a full display when I need it for graphics centric tasks.

BTW: I love that this "leak" occurred on the morning of Apple's WWDC :)

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    nnthemperor likes this.
  3. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Fact: the last several times MS tried to peddle Windows Lite, the response has been lukewarm at best, doomed to fail and be forgotten within a couple of years.

Wasn't Windows 10 designed to be touch friendly to begin with? Why do a stripped down version? Why?

Neat looking hardware, though. Just.., it has to be better than an Android device!

I gave up looking for a word processor on Android to use in conjunction with the terrible Samsung keyboard cover I got with my stupid tablet. How can writing a simple document be made into such a torture filled experience? How can such a premium device get basic typing so wrong?

So now I use my crazy high tech Galaxy tab (or whatever it is) as an alarm clock and an occasional movie viewer. And that's it. If it had a real OS and decent input I might use it for a lot more. It gets good battery life, though. I'll grant it that.

4. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

MS is schizophrenic and/or has an easily bruised ego.

It seems like every time they do something bold such as Windows 8 or the original non-pro surface and get a negative reaction, they seem to do their best to then run in the opposite direction.

Compare that to Apple's "you are looking it wrong" mentality and their willingness to keep iterating on it until they either get it right or at least get public capitulation. eg. the MacBook Pro keyboards or Face ID.

5. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

The most interesting thing about this (besides Courier finally coming to life) is the inside previewing - almost like a preemptive strike among the troops to keep upper management from killing it off as they have with other "Surface mini" ideas, including Andromeda.

Chris_Kez and nnthemperor like this.
  6. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

You WILL conform...

7. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Lenovo has been here already. No?

Steve S and nnthemperor like this.
  8. dellaster

dellaster Technomad Senior Member

I’ll pay attention to this if and when they’re available for order. Microsoft too often teases and snatches away.
    1FBE952E-F7FE-4877-A4B8-046A1861A433.jpeg

soh5, YVerloc, thatcomicsguy and 3 others like this.
  9. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hey Jeff, why don’t you tell MS the good fellas here on TPCR forums will gladly do an insider previewing for them FOC and give them the most accurate feedback on the chances of survival.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator