Microsoft store pricing is really good...

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by gmoneyphx, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timpaatkins

timpaatkins Scribbler - Standard Member

Did you return your second slate for a new one? You had bad lifting at the bottom and lightbleed right?

2. anteatereater

anteatereater Scribbler - Standard Member

Irony kicked in. The slate with light leak sealed up after i placed a weight on it all afternoon. And my main one closed up on the left but opened up on the bottom more!

I think trading it in is more work than it's worth now. It could just as easily get worse in a new one. Then there's the time involved in restoring software and settings.

It's a pity that these things get rushed out before quality control got to it. But I have to admit that it was nice to have my slate without preorder AND before November.

3. timpaatkins

What kind of adapter do I need to use the SLate on a bigger Screen? Micro HDMI something-somethin right? Can I pick up at the MS store for a good price with the 25% off?

4. anteatereater

anteatereater Scribbler - Standard Member

These are your options:

The easiest ones to get right now are the HDMI to HDMI and microHDMI to HDMI. These are everywhere, but it all comes down to whether or not your output (tv, monitor) has an HDMI port.

If you're broadcasting it to a projector, it's likely you'll need a VGA adapter and HP has the only one available. Purchased online only--Fry's didn't even carry this obscure piece. Runs kinda warm because it is translating and powering digital and analog signals.

If you don't use the dock, then you'll need to rely on the microHDMI connector to VGA. Samsung's will not be out until December 6 (from cdwg) and its price will likely stay at ~$50. More and more devices, especially Android, are using this microHDMI, so the adapter may get more popular over time.

Finally, if you don't like cables, you might get yourself a wireless display box. Intel's new technology lets you send a wireless signal of what's going on in your screen to a tv or monitor. You'll need to install the software first, if you got a model from the MSFT store.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. Mac Wilson

Mac Wilson Scribbler - Standard Member

Mine doesn't have this issue so far. If it did I would get rid of the offending thing immediately.

6. timpaatkins

Awesome man, thanks, yea im going to need the dongle thing. BUt check this out, isnt this the adapter from Samsung?

7. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

This is the best approach, in my opinion. Well worth the price! My TM2 does not have WiDi so I was forced to buy the Wireless HDMI solution made by HP. I love it. WiDi is less cumbersome because it only requires one box.

8. bobp

bobp Scribbler - Standard Member

This Samsung adapter should also work on the Slate:

AA-AH1NAMB HDMI to VGA Adapter for Series 9

9. Antfield

Antfield Pen Pal - Newbie

Maybe you should add

HDMI to DVI

HDMI combine DVI with additional info like Audio so it's really straightforward to split HDMI back into DVI.

The good thing is most recent (maybe in the past 5 years at least?) monitors and projectors come with both VGA and DVI. I haven't try all this myself, but i got a
    1) HDMI to HDMI cable
    2) microHDMI to HDMI convertor
    3) HDMI to DVI converter
    in my amazon cart, and each of them cost about $2.

10. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.