Microsoft store pricing is really good...

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by gmoneyphx, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antfield

Antfield Pen Pal - Newbie

IF it is indeed heavier, it is very slight. I can barely feel it. As far as false advertisement...serious?.. I mean if it got heavier it's probably because of the fix they apply to the screen. Hardly a big deal compare to the screen issue.

2. Antfield

Antfield Pen Pal - Newbie

I really wanted that arc touch mouse, but both the arc touch mouse and arc keyboard use a USB-wifi transmitter right? So if you dont bring along a usb hub or your dock, then how do you use both items with the slate, since it has only 1 usb port?

By the way, what "bundle" are you talking about? Is there a mouse/keyboard/software bundle? And how much cheaper is it when bought as a bundle? I am not aware of this promo.

3. timpaatkins

timpaatkins Scribbler - Standard Member

Nah, Im never serious actually. But if they state the weight is 860 grams, and all of a sudden its 900, well they'd have to redo the printing and advertising.

4. ifonline

ifonline Pen Pal - Newbie

I bought mine at the Lenox Square Mall Microsoft Store in Atlanta, GA. The bottom left corner of mine is ever so slightly raised as compared to the other corners, but not enough that I'm worried. If it gets worse, then I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Correct. Unfortunately, Microsoft hasn't figured out that a unified receiver is the way to go. However, considering that this is a touchscreen slate, I only plan on using a keyboard and mouse when the slate is in the dock, and I have a hub attached to the dock to hold the two receivers plus other goodies as needed. When I'm on the go, I'll actually use the slate as designed: a touchscreen device.

I didn't notice if there is a promo part number for the bundle, but the bundle contains:

• Series 7 Slate
    • Dock
    • Keyboard (don't recall which one)
    • Mouse (also don't recall which one)
    • Office 2010 Home and Student
    • Microsoft Assure 2 Year (insurance)

The total on the placard next to the tablet was something like $1598. That in itself is a discount in that you essentially get the dock ($99) and Office ($99) for free. Couple that with the 25% discount, and the total came out to $1198. I had to pay an extra $9 for the upgrade to the Arc Keyboard to cover the difference in price, and that's how my order came out to $1207. Considering that the 128 GB slate runs $1299, that means that I got a nice discount on the slate (almost $100) and also got everything else for free! Can't beat that if you ask me.

I expect that any Microsoft Store would honor this bundle, and I also expect any Microsoft Store will allow per-item swaps like the Lenox store did for me. This is the second time I have bought from the Microsoft Store, and I am extremely pleased with both experiences.

5. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

Once you've owned the device for a whole month, it's very unlikely that the MS store or Samsung would "replace" the defective unit for you. They will just try to fix it. Let's all hope their fix will be proper.

6. timpaatkins

timpaatkins Scribbler - Standard Member

ifonline, whats your serial number? BA or BB?

7. ifonline

ifonline Pen Pal - Newbie

I assume by BA or BB you are referring to the 8th and 9th position in the serial number? If so... BB.

8. Mac Wilson

Mac Wilson Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm not sure about that. It may be unfixable without a replacement. I don't think we are going to be screwed here IF, Samsung acknowledges the issue.

Not such an easy thing for these entities apparently.

9. cegras

cegras Scribbler - Standard Member

Just to confirm, this pricing will last until Jan 2012? I'm thinking of taking a very long trip out into the IL suburbs once I am done my classes to pick one up.

10. anteatereater

anteatereater Scribbler - Standard Member

Hey everyone,
    I just picked up a free dock at a physical Microsoft store.

The first slate I got, I purchased the dock separately from the online store, so I had to send it back (shipping was free). But stepping into the MSFT store, they gave me a free one with receipt. No return procedure needed.

The second slate I got, I purchased both slate and dock at the physical store, so they credited the dock price back to my card.

So to be clear, it is 25% off AND a free dock if you go into a physical Microsoft Store. Reimbursement applies to purchases made within 30 days. May be a limited time. Call ahead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.