Microsoft Launcher Android 10 brightness control

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by daddyfish, Aug 5, 2020.

1. daddyfish

daddyfish Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi,

I am using the ms launcher in android 10 (android one) now and I like it. I was wondering though, is there an option (or perhaps in the android 10 settings itself) so that the brightness slider in the notifications panel becomes visible on 1 swipe instead of having to do 2 swipes?

(The brightness slider is very important for me since I don't like the automatic brightness setting (it is to noticeable for me when it alters).)

(ps: I am aware ms launcher has an extra brightness slider, but that one does not work well for me (I think the slider / thumb is to thin) and I am not sure if I can access it within an app.)

2. rundell

rundell Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes, there is a way to get it in one swipe. Here is where you can find that setting.
    Swipe down twice. Go to the 3 vertical dots. Select Quick Panel Layout. Once there select "show brightness on top"

JoeS and nnthemperor like this.
  3. daddyfish

, thanks for replying, I am missing those options in 3 vertical dots window (I only see 'reset'). Besides that I only see tiles (like battery saver etc) to move around, but no brightness slider to move around. :confused:

4. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

That's screwy. You're swiping in your home screen? 3 Dots should give you a Button Order ... Quick Panel layout ... and ... Status Bar.

5. daddyfish

, here is what I see:
    Screenshot_20200805-184311.png Screenshot_20200805-184231.png

6. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Here's what I see:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You have Android 10?

daddyfish likes this.
  7. daddyfish

, tnx for the reference, I have Android 10 (the settings also say that) Android One (Nokia 6 series). I did notice I disabled Google One, I will enable that & restart the device and see if that helps any. I also bought it refurbished, could possibly be related too (though I was greeted with the Android One setting up screens, at the time Android 9).

edit; enabling google one / restarting did not matter. I will search some more.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  8. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

This may or may not be unique to your phone/setup, but I ran into a similar problem twice this week alone and it's been a huge pet peeve :mad: for a long time now! A fairly simple example: Pixel 4 phone and an HP Spectre x360 late 2019 computer:

Wanted to run Whatsapp on Windows (to talk to friends in Lebanon.) Downloaded the app on the HP. Upon launching on PC, app presented a QR code on the screen and instructed I launch the phone WA app and look for "... Settings/More" and find "Scan QR code." Such option not available on phone app, even after researching online and trying every possible button looking for it buried somewhere else, as is frequently the case.

TL/DR; What happened to @daddyfish and me happens way too often with mainstream apps/OS/browsers! They either lose something in translation to specific hdwe or mfr's overlay - or, as I often find, got changed in an app - ie, where located, how titled, etc - but not in companion app nor in documentation (hah!) for the app, even what you can find searching online for solutions. Eventually, you uncover the true source, and it either is fixable, or it is definitely sorry sucker, with much time wasted in the process :mad::mad::mad:

I'm thinking of starting a thread: "My greatest frustration trying to get [this] done when nothing works" or something to that effect. Then I wonder if it's really just me being lame and maybe most savvy users cut right through the crap and don't waste as much time as I seem to have to. For sure, it must frustrate the hell out of casual users.

Any thoughts?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    dstrauss, Bronsky and daddyfish like this.
  9. daddyfish

I noticed that on my friends not to old Motorola phone the extra options also miss. Could there be something wrong with the update to Android 10?

(I really feel like ranting too lol, I brought an android mobile because windows phone stopped. Figuring I could live with sacrifice of some cool wp features and good hardware since it would be more stable/less buggy, but now I already have like 3 annoying bugs in these few months as a light user. :confused:)

Bronsky likes this.
  10. Mike craig

Mike craig Pen Pal - Newbie

Swipe down with 2 fingers and voila.