Microsoft ink flash cards on Win 7 x64

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 7' started by maestro, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Ehm, you don't have to do some stuff with the msi files, everything should be included in the zip file.

Extract the zip file in your programs directory and move the stuff in the templates folder to the correct location. That's it.
    What does not work? What's the error message?

2. woopop

woopop Pen Pal - Newbie

I was not able to get this to work, so any help would be greatly appreciated! I have a hp Tm2t, with the factory install of Win 7 64 bit.

As soon as I try to run it, the message I keep getting is Microsoft Ink Flash Cards has stopped working. Windows is collecting more information about the problem. This might take several minutes.

I downloaded the zip, moved the folder to C:\Program Files.
    Moved the templates directory to c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\

Question - when i installed .net framework 1.1, it said there are known compatability issues with Win 7. After it didnt work, so i uninstalled that and installed Microsoft .net framework extended, that did not help.

I then tried to move the folder from C:\Program Files to C:\Program Files (x86) but that did not help either.

Any thoughts?

3. singisumina

singisumina Pen Pal - Newbie

Whoops - Frank, just saw your post, so if you see this:

It simply says "Microsoft Ink Flashcards has stopped working" and then blahblah about it checking for solutions (I just click out of the box).

On a sidenote: I've also tried installing other Vista-esque things like Ink Desktop, following the instructions of previous posters who were working with Win7 x64 builds. While the install "theoretically" worked (i.e. there is no error message, and I can open the program/get the little bar on my screen) - I can't write on my desktop.

I'm not sure what's wrong, but I expect some Win7 Ultimate (x64) + IE8 issues, which has also messed up InkSeine (according to other boards, and the developer is currently working on it). If you have a fix, let me know!!! :)

4. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Oops, sorry, my fault that it does not work.
    Seems as if the ZIP did not contain the 64bit binary but the 32bit instead.
    I sent ScubaX the fixed ZIP file. After he has updated this file on his server you can give the whole thing a second try, just wait until then :) Sorry ;)

5. ScubaX

ScubaX Level 90 Mage Senior Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  6. singisumina

singisumina Pen Pal - Newbie

Fantastic! You would not believe how many times/how many methods I tried to get this to work. A huge thank you to Frank / ScubaX - file finally works now :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  7. woopop

woopop Pen Pal - Newbie

works for me too, thanks soooo much guys!!! :D

8. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Thanks Frank!

9. styluscretin

styluscretin Pen Pal - Newbie

I joined this forum specifically to thank the members of this thread. To Frank and ScubaX, thank you so much for making the program accessible! To everyone else who confirmed that it works, I thank you for your conscientiousness.

I cannot tell you how many times I've attempted to get this simple little program working on my Windows 7 machine. If it weren't for people confirming that it worked, I would've thought this was just more of the same.

Cheers!

-SC

10. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

Updated link for posterity and can also confirm that it runs on Windows 10.