Microsoft ink flash cards on Win 7 x64

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 7' started by maestro, Jul 8, 2010.

1. maestro

maestro Pen Pal - Newbie

I've just got a new HP tm2, and have been trying to instally MS ink flash cards, but with no success.

I've searched the forums, looked at the FAQ and done a goodle search for literally hours - but haven't been able to find a fix. The only links I have found are:

- the FAQ gives a link to an x64 fix - but this only seems to be for MS ink desktop. I have installed the ink desktop - but this doesn't seem to install the flash cards.
    - there are links on the internet, and the forum, to an x64 fix for MS ink flash cards, on a website called tabletgeek64.co.cc Unfortunately, this site expired on february this year, and the links are not active any more.
    - I have tried removing the launch condition using orca from both the vista experience pack and the xp education pack - but they still don't install
    - there was a link to a rapidshare file a while ago with the patched x64 version; but this is no longer active.

I would be so grateful if someone could give me instructions on how to get the flash cards working from either the xp education pack, or the vista experience pack on windows 7 x64.

Many thanks!

2. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

3. maestro

maestro Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks a lot for uploading this file Frank - but unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work. I get an error saying "Microsoft Ink Flash cards has stopped working", before the program has even started up.

I have tried to get it to run as administrator, and in Win XP service pack 2 mode, but it still doesn't start up. Any ideas as to what might be wrong? I have an HP TM2-1010ea.

Thanks!

4. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Sorry, I thought you have everything installed, you just need the 64bit exe version.

This file:
    Ink Flash Cards 64bit
    contains the whole program with all the necessary external files, too.

This should work now.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. maestro

maestro Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks a lot for this. I didn't realise I had to install the experience pack first. This program works a charm!

6. singisumina

singisumina Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm also looking for that file for my tablet PC, but the rapidshare download has maxed out :( Can someone repost it?

7. ScubaX

ScubaX Level 90 Mage Senior Member

Frank, send me a link that works or the file(s) if they are not too big and I will post them to my server. If there becomes too many downloads I can always shut it down - but that would take a lot.

8. ScubaX

ScubaX Level 90 Mage Senior Member

Here is the file that Frank has posted. This link should work for a while unless it gets too much traffic and I have to pull it.

Ink Flash Cards 64 bit

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  9. singisumina

Great, thank you!!! :)

10. singisumina

....Annnnnd it somehow isn't working on my Win 7 x64.

I've:
    - installed .NET framework 1.1 and also 1.1 SP.
    - extracted the .msi files using lessMSI1.0.7 & tried installing InkFlashcards.exe under Compatibility Mode for XP SP2, XP SP3, Vista, Vista SP1, Vista SP2, with Administrator priveleges
    - extracted the .msi files using cmd w/ Administrator & tried installing
    - replaced InkFlashcards.exe files in both extracted folders to try again

Have not/not sure how to do this:
    - just moved any folders to the appropriate locations as if the install worked... if I even have the correct folders in the zip file, that is.

:( Any ideas?