Microsoft delays wide launch of Windows Vista. NOOOO!!!

Discussion in 'Software' started by henryjjr, Mar 22, 2006.

1. TabletX

TabletX Pen Pal - Newbie

2. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Let's look at the bright side. I would rather have an OS that "works" out of the box rather than waiting for a Service Pack to feel safe!

3. nossy

nossy Pen Pal - Newbie

Is Vista really that much better? I'm happy with XP Pro on my desktop right now. Now that Vista is delayed until January 2007, it probably won't become mainstream until mid 2008. My company have just upgraded to XP Pro from Win2000 last year and I don't think they'll be upgrading anytime soon to Vista.

4. Daring

Daring Moderator

I'm really not all that surprised, and actually agree that it is a good sign. I've worked with more than one piece of software that had glaring bugs in it but was still sold. I'd rather wait a bit longer and have them iron out more of the issues.

This is nearly a complete rewrite of the OS, I for one will be taking a wait and see attitude.

5. henryjjr

henryjjr Pen Pal - Newbie

As a newbie to the tablet PC world....I am leaning heavily towards the M400 BUT the question I have....can a new OS (i.e., Vista Tablet?) be installed on a newly purchased tablet running XP tablet edition?

Thanks for your feedback.