Microsoft Complete NOT Working as advertised....

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by DRTigerlilly, Oct 12, 2017.

1. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

Boca Raton, Florida

2. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

I think you must have had some seriously bad luck because if you hear what Nadella has to say, he wants the customer experience to be similar to Amazon's.

3. DRTigerlilly

what Nadella wants and what his staff are delivering are two completely different things.....

I just seem to have the worst luck ever with devices.

My experience with Amazon, has always been nothing short of stellar....after this continuing fiasco with Microsoft I cannot say the same...

4. DRTigerlilly

Yup I'm done....I'm not buying or recommending another Microsoft device. They're escalating the case to tier 3 support....who I will hear from in another 24-48 business hours. Since it's now Friday night...I take it that means Wednesday???

:mad:

Also seeing someone on the Surface subreddit mention this is a widespread issue with the SP4's? (poster also claims no guarantee a replacement device won't have the same issue as well) Odd that we've never heard of it here @ TPCR. I am going to do some digging.

UPDATE: So as of today October 13. 2017 951 other SP4 owners have the same problem. I will make 952.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  5. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 Editor-in-Chief of TechAndTiny Senior Member

What an apt name for the city since–no offense to anyone here–this particular location sounds like it is a cesspool of a Microsoft Store. Who goes and says that a warrantied item that has had a serious failure which is obviously not due to negligence or accident is non-eligible for warranty replacement? Legally, they cannot arbitrarily say they will not replace a product because that would be like an auto dealership saying they cannot replace a failing part that is still under warranty. Seriously, I would ball out that employee and their manager, and I then would open a case with Microsoft reporting this chuckleheaded store and its craptastic (mis)management’s for failure to honor valid warranty claims.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
  6. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 Editor-in-Chief of TechAndTiny Senior Member

As much as your experience sounds bad, Dell’s support is nightmarishly disappointing and I cannot in good conscience recommmend then. You would just have second-rate off-shore support who take weeks to maybe a month or more to get off their dime. Their on-site technicians are also a joke: some licensed, certified (from a Cracker Jack box?) buffoon technician they sent once tried repairing a Dell Venue I had and be could not even take the casing apart properly. Even I could do and have done that much on my own, and I am not even licensed or certified to do it and it only involves a few screws and the littlest bit of strength to pry it open. In all honesty, going from Microsoft to Dell would be like going from putting your hand on a hot kettle to throwing yourself right into the coals of a roaring bonfire.

7. DRTigerlilly

Maybe things have changed, but in the past, when I had issues with Dell machines( and obviously they were not tablets), but I would be up and running within 24-48. Technician on site, parts replaced back up on running.

Currently waiting to hear from Microsoft's Tier 3 support, we're approaching 14 days....

EDIT: Let me rephrase that by the time I hear from Microsoft Tier 3 it will be 14 days.

Boca Raton is actually a relatively upscale area :p

sonichedgehog360 likes this.
  8. Kumabjorn

That recruits their store employees from Tampa?

9. DRTigerlilly

Would people really drive 3 1/2 hours by car for work?o_O

10. Kumabjorn

That goes to show how well I understand the geography of Florida.

Sent from my SC-01F using Tapatalk