Microsoft bars the ability to block windows 10 uodates

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by DRTigerlilly, Jun 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dellaster

dellaster “Content Consuming Child” Senior Member

Sorry, I used my finger either on the iPhone 11Pro or iPad mini 5 (can’t recall). I didn’t bring the Pencil along for the latter. I brought no other devices along for the ride, except an e-ink Kindle Paperwhite which is wonderful since I’m outside all day every day and full-brightness display during daylight sucks the batteries of the iStuff extremely quickly.

Yeah, my travel routes swing way around populated areas and I generally disperse camp in the national forests. Often nobody around for a mile or more.

36A7AE68-1074-4982-90E8-6094FE7C4D17.jpeg

(Apologies for the topic derailment... um, bad Microsoft. Boo on you!)

dstrauss, darkmagistric and JoeS like this.
  2. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Highway 50 is a great road. Can't tell you how many free ranging cattle I almost clobbered driving that road at nght. Enjoy the stop in Austin.

JoeS likes this.
  3. dellaster

dellaster “Content Consuming Child” Senior Member

I ended up detouring at Ely taking Route 6 SW through Tonopah and ending in the eastern Sierra, Mammoth Lakes area. Austin, NV, is indeed a neat little town and I’m sorry not to visit it again.

dstrauss and Bronsky like this.
  4. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

FWIW, I've found one method for blocking updates which MS doesn't seem to be able to work around --- fill up your hard drive so that there isn't room to d/l the update.

Aside from occasional warnings about not being able to install updates and about the low disk space, and the need to put large files on external media, it works fine.

wytn and dstrauss like this.
  5. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

My wife and I lived in Christmas Valley, South Lake Tahoe for a year when we were married. The Sierras are as good as it gets. Would like to get back there for an extended stay before I take a dirt nap. (okay no more diversions for me).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.