Microsoft Announces October Surface Event

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Steve S, Aug 27, 2019.

1. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Most likely not.....The new Pen might work on the Go, but no better or worse then the current pens do. (Provided this new “Active Stylus Motion Vector” thing is the next evolution of N-trig, and not a different pen tech altogether) The Pen performance itself will still have to run in tandem with the touch digitizer and the pixel sense chips into the Surface itself. So the 1st gen Go will always be at a disadvantage in that regard since it lacks the pixel sense chip.

I’m curious though about the U-shaped Clip and it’s added functionality.

As somewhat of a traveler.....as much as I was kind of scoffing at Samsung when they added Bluetooth functionality to their S-Pen with the Note 9......on my most recent trip (5 weeks solo travel in Asia)....I did find the remote shutter ability of the Note 9 S-pen crucially useful for my own photography uses. So I won’t make that same mistake and discount the potential benefit of added functionality to the Surface Pen. My biggest hope for it....perhaps a way to resize the brush size on the pen itself...provided it doesn’t interfere with holding and drawing with the pen.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  2. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

That's a bummer. So, I'll have to get a whole new Surface to enjoy it

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

3. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

I'm really interested in the clip aspect, not as a control, but for your shirt pocket - magnets alone will never do.

What is REALLY needed, DESPERATELY, is a Lenovo Yoga-style mini pen with garage silo for charging. I don't understand WHY MS can't or refuse to do that (of course, neither can I understand their continuing disdain for Thunderbolt 3 NOW THAT IT IS BAKED IN THE CHIPS).

sonichedgehog360 likes this.
  4. negative1

negative1 Scribbler - Standard Member

5. nnthemperor

6. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...What are those huge bezels doing there in 2020?..>>

...This is just a stock image. There are no public images of the actual Centaurus...

sonichedgehog360 and nnthemperor like this.
  7. nnthemperor

Great, just making sure. But the WindowsCentral article did mention large bezels in the chin and forehead in portrait mode and thin side bexels. Don't know about this Centaurus thing, a higher screen to body ratio- SGo with more power, longer battery and improved pen would be more appreciated.

Sent from my SM-P205 using Tapatalk

sonichedgehog360 and Bronsky like this.
  8. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...WindowsCentral article did mention large bezels in the chin and forehead in portrait mode and thin side bexels…>>

...I'm not sure that's exactly what the article said, but regardless, it's still just speculation. If there is a reveal on the 2nd, we'll all find out what's real then...

nnthemperor and sonichedgehog360 like this.
  9. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

According to Windows Weakly it is going to be a "drive by" more than a reveal. Speculation is that it is a 2020 H2 device at best and will more likely be the focus of next year's Build Conference in May - they also commented this is the first time in their memories that the Build date was set this early and reinforced this will be a flash and not a a demo. Like Steve said, we'll all find out what's real in a few weeks.

10. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Not to mention they are wearing an apple watch:eek:

JoeS, dstrauss and Bishop like this.