Microsoft Announces October Surface Event

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Steve S, Aug 27, 2019.

1. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Bring hope for Thunderbolt as well since they would to deliberately exclude it to go without.

What's interesting is that intel recently also relaxed the connector requirements (as part of the USB4-Thunderbolt merge) In practical terms it means in theory anyway, they could add TB3 will still retaining the surface connector (with an update of course).

We'd definitely be on board for that!

dstrauss and JoeS like this.
  2. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Old Rubino is getting to be a fiesty one - look at these two exchanges in the comments:

jrealtor1
    Not gonna hold my breath. Not a chance they can duplicate 2015 though! Probably incremental changes to the Surface line with a lot of fanfare...kinda Apple-ish is what I expect.
    [​IMG]Daniel Rubino
    I didn't waste my time to write this just to tell you it's at 10am, just FYI ;)

xchaser
    I am also not holding my breath. I would like to see an even like back in 2015 where they announce the new foldable PC/ Mobile thing. If they keep waiting it will be too late then. They are letting others beat them to the game they have had for years in the making/planning. again I am not going to hold my breath but I have very little hope.
    [​IMG]Daniel Rubino
    Hold your breath.

Ever the staunch defender of the realm, Daniel is still a good reporter/reviewer (the MS version of Rene Richie in the Apple camp). Makes me think I'm going to be live streaming this one - but I can't imagine, however, topping Panay's original Surface Book reveal (skip to the 12:20 mark for the real feel for showmanship):

nnthemperor likes this.
  3. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

OK, I'm turning cautiously optimistic. :) I'm calling it, a new Surface Studio 3 that unfolds like an umbrella into a giant circular screen. Mark my words!

YVerloc, dstrauss and nnthemperor like this.
  4. dstrauss

I think they are going to be outrageously daring - a USB-C 3.1 AND 12.5" screen in the Surface Pro 6 body - ditching that pesky USB-A port as well...

OK - kidding aside - how about a slightly thinner profile, 13" screen, TB3 and USB-A, LTE optional, AND both a Type Cover and solid deck (Surface Book-like) keyboard. Of course Ice Lake and Intel Iris Graphics at the top end.

How's that for dreaming?

5. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

6. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...Of course Ice Lake and Intel Iris Graphics at the top end...>>

...Someone pointed out that the "G1" suffix indicates UHD graphics, not Iris...

7. dstrauss

Killjoy...that was my dream machine configuration...instead of reaching for the stars, MS reached for a planet and struck Pluto...

nnthemperor likes this.
  8. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Bishop, desertlap, dellaster and 4 others like this.
  9. dstrauss

Bronsky likes this.
  10. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator