Microsoft acquiring N-Trig?

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by surfaceproartist, Feb 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Have you tried Manga Studio/Clip Studio Paint? Adjusting pen pressure with multiple strokes, that's almost exactly how my curve ends up looking.

rebelgonebad likes this.
  2. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

Works pretty good in Clip Studio.
    If I had to do linearts or comics like jobs I would probably use it instead of Photoshop. ;)

3. MattLanham

MattLanham Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm really interested to see what could happen in the future with this. Before the SP3, Ntrig just seemed like a "pass" option, but now its actually worth looking at. That's a lot of progress in a really short time. If that level of advancement continues to happen, then the next generation could really be something special. It may not be Wacom level, but then again, not all Wacom tech is equal.

I'll remain quietly optimistic to see what happens. Even if its not great, there's at least another company to try to keep Wacom honest :)

4. whazzup

whazzup Scribbler - Standard Member

Maybe they'll finally have funds to fix the slow drawing issues.

But wow, the dynamics are a-changing....

5. rebelgonebad

rebelgonebad Pen Pal - Newbie

The link below shows a really interesting comment from a member of the Surface Team, StevieB, in regards to the 'wavy diagonal line' problem highlighted by too many SP3 users regarding N-trig pens.

It's on the 10th page, if my memory doesn't fail me (long day!). Kudos to Barb Bowman getting this info.

Basically, upping the pens voltage may be a fix. Fingers crossed on that, especially as the Surface Team Member ends with a watch this space kind of vibe!
    Very interesting.

Now, do I keep my Fujitsu T902, i5, 16gb, (Wacom)or the SP3, i5, 8gb, (N-trig)?
    Both great in their own ways, Wacom with the finesse, N-trig the accuracy.

One's gotta go, needs must! Anyway, link below..

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...23a84b9675?page=11&tm=1428088290680#LastReply

6. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

7. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

The price is $200.000/employee, that seems dirt cheap in these days of overvalued corporations.

8. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

Just MO, but there hasn't been a device as powerful as the T902 before or since its release, thus it remains the only machine of its kind for the foreseeable future, while there will be more, better, cheaper SP3/4, etc devices and the like. So, until IGPs get close to the GPU in the T902, you got yerself a unique device there.

9. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

T734 is actually more powerful cpu wise since it was using the mobile haswell cpu and not the LV variant, but it's limited to 12gb of ram(4gb is soldered on). But, now we are getting a bit off topic.

10. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.