microphone inop

Discussion in 'HP Slate' started by xexman44, Feb 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xexman44

xexman44 Pen Pal - Newbie

Having microphone issues. Trying to Skype, external phone type headset worked great for several months, now I cannot get the tablet to recognize the microphone. Even the internal one is inop. Bought a headset combo made for internet use and it doesn't work either. Device manager says everything is working fine. Uninstalled, re installed, still nothing. I honestly think I have tried everything I can, obviously not, but don't know what else to try.
    I know not much information but there isn't much to give. Tablet does not recognize any microphones.
    HP.com website is absolutely worthless, can't even find driver and support page for the 500. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks..
    JB

2. xexman44

Don't feel bad for not knowing, even the idiots at hp don't have an answer for it. Finally found some info on the Slate on their website and a lot of people are having the same issues, hp said they'll look into it, while they are curing cancer and making world peace happen. Ipad was the only way to go, should of listened to the little voice, but there are so many little voices all talking at once in there....

3. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

4. ships10

ships10 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I had a similar issue with the BT. I uninstalled it and removed it from the device manager. Rebooted and then installed the drivers from the HP drivers download site and rebooted. It worked for me. I am not sure if it will work for the microphone also.
    Do you have a restore point? Perhaps a restoration or a reinstallation from a back up might help.
    Also check the microphone settings by right clicking on the speaker icon.

5. xexman44

thank you both for the info. I looked all over for that driver and support page, thanks for giving me that link. Tried everything and still no difference, probably something in Windows 7 more so than the Slate. Gives me something to do until the snow melts...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.