Method to Improve Responsivness of TouchScreen in tx1000 Series

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by gasphynx, May 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twilightdema

twilightdema Pen Pal - Newbie

I've seen that many person have problem about responsiveness of touchscreen in tx1000 series..

I finally found the way to adjust pressure need to be appled in order to get touchscreen regonize input. Base on the fact that the Threshold value of pressure is stored inside touchscreen controller and it can be adjusted but Microsoft Default Driver for touchscreen does not provide the way to adjust it... However, the driver from controller manufacture (TouchKit Driver) does...

Follow the steps below :

1) Create Restore Point, just name it something like "Before Adjust Touchscreen Responsivness"

2) Download TouchKit driver from this site : http://www.touchkit.com/Drivers.asp
    Install and then reboot... This time, we will see TouchKit Utility icon in task bar at bottom-right of the screen. DoubleClick at that icon, there will be menu to adjust responsivness of touchscreen.

3) After finish, just restore Windows to the restorepoint we'd created. Windows will go back to used original Microsoft Driver but responsivness of touchscreen will be the same as we'd adjusted it in TouchKit. That's because the new Threshold value is now stored in hardware controller and it has nothing to do with Windows restore system.

Hope it will help ^ ^

2. Ixidor

Ixidor Scribbler - Standard Member

It asks which port to install to. Does it matter which one? (port 1-4 or ps/2)

And is the following fear real: that the screen becomes so sensitive that it registers many rapid nonexistent clicks, yet is unable to go back by ctrl+alt+delete/reboot (like the problem on the asus R1F's)? Just wanted to know before I do something permanent.

3. twilightdema

For tx1000... when install TouchKit, DON'T select PS/2 port.. (The controller is on USB interface)

When you adjust responsivness of the screen using TouchKit, there'll be a scroll control that left side is the most responsive and right side is the least responsive. In my opinion, the most left side is a bit too responsive that the screen sometime even responses to my palm when I'm writting on the screen. Thus I recommend you to adjust and test it until you satisfy with the responsivness before restore system back.

Anyway, if you already restore system back and want to change responsivness of touchscreen again, just reinstall TouchKit and re-config it and the restore Windows back again. (Apparently ctrl+alt+delete/reboot doesn't fix the thing, you have to re-config the controller using TouchKit again)

Just one more thing, you have to re-callibrate touchscreen when you install/restore the system. After that everything should work fine.

(Sorry for my bad English ^ ^)

4. JR7

JR7 Pen Pal - Newbie

Can you explain the importance of doing the restore after using the touchkit? What would happen if you installed the drivers and set the sensitivity, and then just used the laptop like that?

Thanks,

JR

5. twilightdema

That's because (in my opinion), except the ability to adjust resposivness and some other value of controller, Microsoft's Default Driver (in Vista) is better than TouchKit driver.

For example, if you use TouchKit, mouse pointer will be the same whether you use touchscreen or touchpad to input data, that is, Windows will regonize your input using touchscreen as a generic mouse.. not a pen device.
    So there'll be no floating button to open TabletPC Input Panel when you set focus to input control.

6. gasphynx

gasphynx Pen Pal - Newbie

If you don't select PS/2, which COM port should you specify?
    I installed it before but no icon appeared in the task bar or system tray.

Thanks for your first 2 posts, they're the most info I've been able to find on this subject.

7. wctkdman

wctkdman Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone have an idea if this will work with the tx2000, or if there is another method that will work with it? I would like it to be a little more sensitive...I guess I just have a light touch.

8. gasphynx

gasphynx Pen Pal - Newbie

I think it should work with all the tx models.

9. c.e.y.a

c.e.y.a Pen Pal - Newbie

I have both tx1000z and tx2000z.

the tx2000z is originally came with vista 32bit, and its touchscreen responsive is fully sensitive, which I just received few days ago.
    However, the tx1000z is not that accurate enough for light touching as my fingers get used to.

I will try this method on the tx1000z to see how it goes.

Much appreciate for sharing to OP, and all as well !

10. ken727818

ken727818 Pen Pal - Newbie

after reconfig, the tx1.. screen is the same responsive as tx2..?
    i've downloaded the drivers from the web provided, and installed on my tx1400. but nothing happen! no icon on the tray or else!
    How could i do? please help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.