Merom

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DragonFlame, Jul 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k3l0

k3l0 Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't care about warranties. Does Fujitsu not plan on offering the Core 2 Duo? They'd be crazy not to.

2. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Give them time......
    Have you seen a core duo 2 out lately??

3. ahamilton55

ahamilton55 Scribbler - Standard Member

The Merom doesn't come out until the end of this month so expect them to come out in September

4. PYROTAK

PYROTAK Scribbler - Standard Member

if upgrading the HD or upgrading the processor voids the warentee thats the biggest joke of a warentee that i have ever heard.

my dell allows me to upgrade my processor, graphics card, ram, hd, whatever the hell I want as long as I don't break it.

inspiron laptop by the way.

5. ahamilton55

Yeah but Dell doesn't even make their own computers so why would they care what happens to them. And plus they have everyone so brainwashed and they sell so many that it doesn't matter what people do with their computers.

6. Fido

Fido Scribbler - Standard Member

They would care because they would still have to pay for the repairs...
    A good computer is a good computer whether the company is hip or not.
    Anyways, Dell doesn't sell any tablets so it doesn't really matter anyways.

7. PYROTAK

PYROTAK Scribbler - Standard Member

They should care becuase they have super generous warentees. They pay so much money to get parts shipped OVERNIGHT and for onsite techs to come fix computers NEXT DAY. I have already had enough components in my computer replaced to build 5 new laptops, and Ive gotten a product replacement to boot. If thats not losing money nothing is. Although that reall is just a testament to their good accidental protection...hehe doesn't really say much about their upgrading.

Either way I would be surprised if your warentee was void if you just opened your machine.. if it were true that would seriously be the lamest thing Ive ever heard from a computer manufacter in a long time.

8. thddragon85

thddragon85 Pen Pal - Newbie

Most people i talk to dont even consider buying the warantee, and the wording of the warantee addon in Dell's website is also kind of misleading, further discouraging the aspiring techie to buy a warantee.

And overnight shipping for them is less cuz they do it so much. Shipping companies generally offer big discounts if you ship allot of stuff through them. So over all, not many people will take advatage of their great warantee offers, so they end up making money in the long haul.

The recall happened because someone's truck caught fire, and they would lose less money from doing the recall then having to settle the lawsuits and losing the good PR image that they have right now. Theyre PR is already hurting from the India customer service associates fiasco... (not that i have any against indians, but when your frustrated with your pc, not understanding the fix doesnt help things)

Though it sounds like I'm a Dell hater and just bashing them, they do offer cheap computers, and moderate customer support, but theyre not like the best company ever, theyre out to make a buck just like everyone else is.

9. Fido

Fido Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm typically lucky when it comes to electronics. I think most failures happen to very few people, the thing is they tend to be the most vocal about it, so it seems like there are more. Either that or it's user error.

10. ahamilton55

Dell in the US also has techies in every UPS warehouse that ship parts directly from there so it's a bit cheaper and quicker when the package is only going to one place and not to two.

I do also feel like a lot of problems are caused by users who dont know what they are doing with a computer. I think that if you know what you're doing you can make even the cheapest laptop or computer work for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.