memory removal

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by chili, Aug 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chili

chili Pen Pal - Newbie

Would it be possible to post a few pics of the location of memory in this laptop along with a few tips how to remove it. I uderstand it's rather tight and I have big hands :)

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one not willing to pay the price they ask for the extra memory.

2. DRR

DRR Pen Pal - Newbie

Here is the component replacement manual in PDF format.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. bostitch

bostitch Pen Pal - Newbie

One thing to note when opening the memory cover is sometime Gateway might put loctite on those screws. This loctite makes them hard to unscrew, so use the correct size screwdriver and carefully unscrew, otherwise you might round the phillips screw pattern.

I know this because I upgraded my memory a few days ago.

4. Junetastic

Junetastic Pen Pal - Newbie

I just realized I should have just foregone the 2GB RAM upgrade because that could be done later. Oops. I really wish I did that and got the T7300 instead of the T7100.

5. chriscannon

chriscannon Proud Member of the PFJ! Senior Member

Dont kick yourself in the pants about it june... The one your getting is still as good or better than alot of 1+ year(s) old desktops. Expecially all the people who just go buy like the basic model at a store, not knowing anything about the performance.

6. DrNick664

DrNick664 Scribbler - Standard Member

unless your order is in production why don't you just change it. The 2GB ram upgrade through them is definitely not worth it, but the T7100 should be enough for you unless you are doing CPU intensive tasks. (total commander, encoding, or synthetic benchmarking)

7. CTSxViper

CTSxViper Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the 7100 and am very happy with it, and it came with 1 gig, and I upgraded it to 2 gig. Very easy and screws came off easily. A buddy of mine sold it to me NIB for $800 which I could not turn down. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.