Memory Asus Eee PC T91MT-PU17-BK 8.9-Inch convertable tablet

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Tiffany in Texas, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiffany in Texas

Tiffany in Texas Pen Pal - Newbie

My Asus should be here by Thursday. I'm a pretty good user and a so-so tech but RAM totally blows me away. I finally found the manual online but it doesn't list which types of RAM are compatible with the Asus Eee PC T91MT-PU17-BK 8.9-Inch convertable tablet.
    1) Does anybody have any hints on RAM?
    2) Also, I'm planning on puchasing a Kingston (based on ratings at New Egg) SDHC flash card either 16gb or 32gb (ouch, expensive). Anybody have a problem with the Kingston or use a card they prefer?

2. alphaswift

alphaswift Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

According to the newegg.com site, the spec tab on that page says it uses a 200-Pin DDR2 SO-DIMM memory, so something like this would be what you need.

Keep in mind that there are two SIMM slots, and I'm not sure if the system comes with 2x512MB or 1x1024MB.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. Tiffany in Texas

Tiffany in Texas Pen Pal - Newbie

There is only one RAM memory slot which means when you upgrade to 2G of RAM you are stuck with a 1G card wasted.

If someone is an expert, I'd sure like some answers on the flash memory. I purchased way too powerful RAM PC6400 and I don't want to repeat that mistake when I buy the 32G SDHC.

How do we decide on SDHC?

class 4 transfer rate 4MB/sec
    class 6 transfer rate 15MB/sec
    class 10 transfer rate 20MB/sec

Also, I'm assuming that I can put one 32G SDHC in the disk expander so that my "C" drive will be 64G and I can put another 32G SDHC in the front memory slot to hold all my files, music, and pictures.

4. alphaswift

alphaswift Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

"way too powerful" only means that the RAM might be capable of higher bus speeds that your system can use, but it should work just fine.

When it comes to SD, I usually buy what's on sale -- the transfer rate is less important since I don't use SD as common or transactional storage. If it's important to you though, I would suggest looking around for a faster card at a good price.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.