Media Tablet

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by BenI, May 20, 2007.

1. ohfear

ohfear Pen Pal - Newbie

Gday People,

This year I have decided to buy a Tablet PC, my first ever laptop computer. My main purpose of the laptop will be:

- Watching Media
    - Internet, Word Processing, Confrencing.
    - Games (I don't play 'high' graphic based games e.g. FEAR).
    - Possible GPS (when I go to the US next year)

For the most part I will be using it as a Media Centre laptop. It comes with Vista Home Premium because it includes Media Centre Vista (I have Media Centre XP so I can always revert back to that). I test drove the HP Pavilion 1001au and I found it very comfortable. The pen isn't the greatest you do have to press hard but mind you I am not a graphic artist and do the odd Photoshop correction (via keyboard). Does anyone know how well the Pavilion sucks juice? I will opt for a greater cell battery and turn down a lot of graphic animation for Vista.

What do you guys think of this tablet as a media centre?

2. BenI

BenI Pen Pal - Newbie

after reading your post im twice im still trying to figure out why you even need a tablet?
    it seems more like you want a desktop replacement for playing games and watching movies.
    other than the HP x1000 there are no other TPCs specifically based for media. but you could always get anyother tablet you like and just get Vista Premuim or like me im getting the Fujitsu T4220 once it comes out and will be upgrading the Vista that it comes with to Premuim.